TreeView

  • Jason Purdy
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2006
      I've been playing around with the TreeView control and for some
      reason, the treeInit() function wasn't being called. If I take the
      tree construction out of that function, the control is loaded & works
      fine (so far). But if I put it back in the treeInit() function,
      nothing shows up and the tree is undefined.

      I am bringing in the YAHOO.js & treeview.js scripts in the header,
      which I looked through briefly and didn't see any mention of the
      treeInit() function.

      So my question is - is that legit? What calls that?

      Thanks!

      Jason
    • David Prusak
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Purdy" <jason@...> wrote:

        > I've been playing around with the TreeView control and for some
        > reason, the treeInit() function wasn't being called. If I take the
        > tree construction out of that function, the control is loaded & works
        > fine (so far). But if I put it back in the treeInit() function,
        > nothing shows up and the tree is undefined.
        >
        > I am bringing in the YAHOO.js & treeview.js scripts in the header,
        > which I looked through briefly and didn't see any mention of the
        > treeInit() function.
        >
        > So my question is - is that legit? What calls that?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Jason

        You do. You create any initialization wrapper and call it onload (or
        any event you capture to invoke the treeview. That part, you
        control. You don't have to use it (ie, inline non wrapped code).

        Hope that helps!
        --David
      • kammy_scorpi
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2008
          Hi Group,

          I tried using the TreeView code (as is from the source) but, for some
          reason when I view the page, I don't see the + or - signs.
          I downloaded the Yahoo .js files and am referring to them from a local
          location.
          Can anybody tell me which file is needed for those icons?

          Thanks
          KJ
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 5, 2008
            The images are defined in the associated CSS files as backgrounds.

            From the way you say it I suspect that you are downloading the
            individual .js files from the examples. That is too complicated and you
            always end up missing something. You can download the whole YUI package
            in a zip file and it will contain all you need, files, API docs,
            examples, all organized exactly as in the YUI site. Then you will be
            sure you don't miss anything. Anyhow, unless you are curious to see the
            code, you can load the files straight from both YAHOO and Google servers
            and never trouble yourself having your own copies.

            Satyam

            kammy_scorpi wrote:
            > Hi Group,
            >
            > I tried using the TreeView code (as is from the source) but, for some
            > reason when I view the page, I don't see the + or - signs.
            > I downloaded the Yahoo .js files and am referring to them from a local
            > location.
            > Can anybody tell me which file is needed for those icons?
            >
            > Thanks
            > KJ

          • kammy_scorpi
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
              Satyam,

              Thanks for your reply. I have the entire package downloaded (as you
              suggested). And, as far as I know, I have all the .css included as per
              the instructions.

              I have skin.css and treeview.css . What am I missing?

              Thanks
              KJ

              > The images are defined in the associated CSS files as backgrounds.
              >
              > From the way you say it I suspect that you are downloading the
              > individual .js files from the examples. That is too complicated and
              you
              > always end up missing something. You can download the whole YUI
              package
              > in a zip file and it will contain all you need, files, API docs,
              > examples, all organized exactly as in the YUI site. Then you will be
              > sure you don't miss anything. Anyhow, unless you are curious to see
              the
              > code, you can load the files straight from both YAHOO and Google
              servers
              > and never trouble yourself having your own copies.
              >
              > Satyam
              >

              > kammy_scorpi wrote:
              > > Hi Group,
              > >
              > > I tried using the TreeView code (as is from the source) but, for some
              > > reason when I view the page, I don't see the + or - signs.
              > > I downloaded the Yahoo .js files and am referring to them from a local
              > > location.
              > > Can anybody tell me which file is needed for those icons?
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > > KJ

              05/12/2008 9:57

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
                Do the examples that are shipped along the distribution files work?
                They should. Use them as a model. Are you moving any of the files
                around? Do you realize that the image files referenced by the CSS have
                to keep their relative position to the CSS file that refers them. If
                you move the CSS file, the image files have to go along. If you are
                using Firefox/Firebug, look into the Net tab, are there any files in
                red? Check their location and adjust them accordingly.

                Otherwise, without having a look at how you have your files set up,
                there is little anyone could possibly do.

                Satyam

                kammy_scorpi wrote:
                > Satyam,
                >
                > Thanks for your reply. I have the entire package downloaded (as you
                > suggested). And, as far as I know, I have all the .css included as per
                > the instructions.
                >
                > I have skin.css and treeview.css . What am I missing?
                >
                > Thanks
                > KJ

                >> The images are defined in the associated CSS files as backgrounds.
                >>
                >> From the way you say it I suspect that you are downloading the
                >> individual .js files from the examples. That is too complicated and
                >>
                > you
                >
                >> always end up missing something. You can download the whole YUI
                >>
                > package
                >
                >> in a zip file and it will contain all you need, files, API docs,
                >> examples, all organized exactly as in the YUI site. Then you will be
                >> sure you don't miss anything. Anyhow, unless you are curious to see
                >>
                > the
                >
                >> code, you can load the files straight from both YAHOO and Google
                >>
                > servers
                >
                >> and never trouble yourself having your own copies.
                >>
                >> Satyam
                >>

                >> kammy_scorpi wrote:
                >>
                >>> Hi Group,
                >>>
                >>> I tried using the TreeView code (as is from the source) but, for some
                >>> reason when I view the page, I don't see the + or - signs.
                >>> I downloaded the Yahoo .js files and am referring to them from a local
                >>> location.
                >>> Can anybody tell me which file is needed for those icons?
                >>>
                >>> Thanks
                >>> KJ

                > 05/12/2008 9:57

              • kammy_scorpi
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
                  OK. I go them.
                  Had to include the .gif files in my workspace.

                  Thanks
                  KJ

                  --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kammy_scorpi"