Cross browser way to center dialogs horizontally, but put it at say 20% vertical offset

  • Christian Tiberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2008
      Hello!

      We're still at v2.5.2, we don't dare upgrade in the middle of our large project :)

      So far we've been using fixedcenter : true and constraintoviewport : true to put our dialogs in place. But that puts them way to low for the liking of most users, including my colleague/designer. Is there a way with YUI to keep the dialog in the horizontal center, but to put it at an absolute vertical position?

      Best regards,
       Christian Tiberg
    • Frank Dietrich
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2008

        Christian,

        Setting fixedcenter makes the dialog listen to several events and finally calling it's "center" method as soon as anything changes.

        within center(), x and y are being evaluated and set via "cfg.setProperty("xy", ..."

        so I think it should be easy to simply override the center() method and manipulate evaluation of y

        So far we've been using fixedcenter : true and constraintoviewport : true to put our dialogs in place. But that puts them way to low for the liking of most users, including my colleague/designer. Is there a way with YUI to keep the dialog in the horizontal center, but to put it at an absolute vertical position?

        HTH

        Frank

        www.dd-tech.de    -    www.personalplanung.com     -    www.kulturbox.de