newbie assistance needed please

  • ire.ogunsina
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
      Hi guys,
      I would love to use the 'data grid' features of YUI but I really don't
      know where to start. my intention is to be able to populate a table
      from a MySQL database and have inline edits and modifications saved
      directly to the table as well (after validation). I have looked around
      but have not found a 'newbie' level article, tutorial, video or book
      that would explain this. Would anyone be willing to go through a step
      by step process with me or better yet point me to existing sites that
      cover that level of tutorials please? I am using PHP as language.
      Thanks.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
        How about starting to read the user guide? In the very second paragraph
        it also has some extra reading suggested if the user guide itself is not
        enough, one of them titled "getting started", suggestive isn't it?
        Plus the couple of dozen examples on the right hand column.

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datatable/

        Satyam