charts: how to set xaxis and yaxis labels?

  • Shige Takeda
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
      Charts 2.5.2 or 2.6:

      Could anybody know how to set the X-Axis / Y-Axis labels?
      Can NumericAxis object include it or Chart object?

      I would like to add "Recall/TRP" to Y-Axis and "FPR" to X-Axis but have
      no clue which method/property take them...

      var fields = ['fpr'];
      var series = [];
      for (var i=0; i<taskIDs.length; ++i){
      var yf = 'tpr_' + projects[i] + '_' + tasks[i];
      fields.push(yf);
      series.push({
      displayName: tasks[i] + "(" + projects[i] + ")",
      yField: yf,
      style: {size: 1, lineSize:1}
      });
      }

      jsonData.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_JSON;
      jsonData.responseSchema = {
      resultsList: "result",
      fields: fields
      };

      var xAxis = new YAHOO.widget.NumericAxis();
      xAxis.minimum = 0;
      xAxis.maximum = 0.1;
      xAxis.majorUnit = 0.02;

      var yAxis = new YAHOO.widget.NumericAxis();
      yAxis.minimum = 0;
      yAxis.maximum = 1;
      yAxis.majorUnit = 0.1;
      mChaROC = new YAHOO.widget.LineChart( "chart", jsonData, {
      xField: 'fpr',
      series: series,
      xAxis: xAxis,
      yAxis: yAxis,
      style: {
      legend: {display:'bottom'}
      },
      // only needed for flash player express install
      expressInstall: "../expressinstall.swf"
      });

      Thanks,
      -- Shige
    • tripp.bridges
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
        You can format the axis labels through the labelFunction of you axis.
        It is described in the Customizing Axis Labels section here:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/charts/#using

        Thanks,
        Tripp
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Shige Takeda <stakeda@...> wrote:

        > Charts 2.5.2 or 2.6:
        >
        > Could anybody know how to set the X-Axis / Y-Axis labels?
        > Can NumericAxis object include it or Chart object?
        >
        > I would like to add "Recall/TRP" to Y-Axis and "FPR" to X-Axis but have
        > no clue which method/property take them...

        > var fields = ['fpr'];
        > var series = [];
        > for (var i=0; i<taskIDs.length; ++i){
        > var yf = 'tpr_' + projects[i] + '_' + tasks[i];
        > fields.push(yf);
        > series.push({
        > displayName: tasks[i] + "(" + projects[i] + ")",
        > yField: yf,
        > style: {size: 1, lineSize:1}
        > });
        > }
        >
        > jsonData.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_JSON;
        > jsonData.responseSchema = {
        > resultsList: "result",
        > fields: fields
        > };
        >
        > var xAxis = new YAHOO.widget.NumericAxis();
        > xAxis.minimum = 0;
        > xAxis.maximum = 0.1;
        > xAxis.majorUnit = 0.02;
        >
        > var yAxis = new YAHOO.widget.NumericAxis();
        > yAxis.minimum = 0;
        > yAxis.maximum = 1;
        > yAxis.majorUnit = 0.1;
        > mChaROC = new YAHOO.widget.LineChart( "chart",
        jsonData, {
        > xField: 'fpr',
        > series: series,
        > xAxis: xAxis,
        > yAxis: yAxis,
        > style: {
        > legend: {display:'bottom'}
        > },
        > // only needed for flash player express install
        > expressInstall: "../expressinstall.swf"
        > });
        >

        > Thanks,
        > -- Shige

      • Shige Takeda
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2008
          Hi Tripp, thanks for the answer, that's not what I want, though.

          What I would like to have is the labels that describes X/Y value for each.

          Some Y Axis labels are rotated in -90 degree, others are displayed
          vertically; see "TPR"as shown in this ASCII figure:

          1.0 | ===========
          | =
          0.8 | =
          T | ===
          P 0.6 | ==
          R | ==
          0.4 | =
          | =
          0.2 |=
          |=
          0,0 +------------------------
          0.01 0.50 0.10 0.15
          FPR

          and the X Axis label 'FPR' is placed below the X Axis.

          # btw, sorry for the duplicate posts...

          Regards,
          -- Shige

          tripp.bridges wrote:

          > Hi,
          > You can format the axis labels through the labelFunction of you axis.
          > It is described in the Customizing Axis Labels section here:
          >
          > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/charts/#using
          > <http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/charts/#using>
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Tripp
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:ydn-javascript%40yahoogroups.com>, Shige Takeda <stakeda@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Charts 2.5.2 or 2.6:
          > >
          > > Could anybody know how to set the X-Axis / Y-Axis labels?
          > > Can NumericAxis object include it or Chart object?
          > >
          > > I would like to add "Recall/TRP" to Y-Axis and "FPR" to X-Axis but have
          > > no clue which method/property take them...

          > > var fields = ['fpr'];
          > > var series = [];
          > > for (var i=0; i<taskIDs.length; ++i){
          > > var yf = 'tpr_' + projects[i] + '_' + tasks[i];
          > > fields.push(yf);
          > > series.push({
          > > displayName: tasks[i] + "(" + projects[i] + ")",
          > > yField: yf,
          > > style: {size: 1, lineSize:1}
          > > });
          > > }
          > >
          > > jsonData.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_JSON;
          > > jsonData.responseSchema = {
          > > resultsList: "result",
          > > fields: fields
          > > };
          > >
          > > var xAxis = new YAHOO.widget.NumericAxis();
          > > xAxis.minimum = 0;
          > > xAxis.maximum = 0.1;
          > > xAxis.majorUnit = 0.02;
          > >
          > > var yAxis = new YAHOO.widget.NumericAxis();
          > > yAxis.minimum = 0;
          > > yAxis.maximum = 1;
          > > yAxis.majorUnit = 0.1;
          > > mChaROC = new YAHOO.widget.LineChart( "chart",
          > jsonData, {
          > > xField: 'fpr',
          > > series: series,
          > > xAxis: xAxis,
          > > yAxis: yAxis,
          > > style: {
          > > legend: {display:'bottom'}
          > > },
          > > // only needed for flash player express install
          > > expressInstall: "../expressinstall.swf"
          > > });
          > >

          > > Thanks,
          > > -- Shige

        • tripp.bridges
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2008

            You are not able to rotate your labels in YUI Charts. You may be able
            to place your TPR and FPR outside of the chart to create a similar effect.