Submenus of scrolling menus

  • wilsonsheldon
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      Regarding the menu component. I'm using 2.6.0. I know there is an issue:

      "Submenus of a scrolling Menu are not visible in IE 6 and 7 in Quirks
      Mode. There is a bug in IE that prevents absolutely positioned
      elements from exceeding the height and width of their parent element
      when the parent's "overflow" CSS property is set to "hidden."

      Has anyone come up with a fix for this? Unfortunately, I have no
      control over the rest of the page in this app except for the
      navigation. It works and looks great in all browsers except that in
      IE6 the tertiary flyouts are hidden.

      If I remove, overflow: hidden from the CSS it simply doesn't scroll.

      Any help is greatly appreciated.

      Thank you,
      Wilson
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
        Hi Wilson -

        As the Menu author I am unaware of a solution other than switching to
        strict mode.

        - Todd