Re: [ydn-javascript] Datatable Loading Image - reload Data

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
      You are directing the callback from the sendRequest method straight to
      the DataTable code to initialize the table so it doesn't code through
      any code of yours that pops up anything. What you should do is change
      the callback to a function of your own which pops up the loading icon
      and then calls onDataReturnInitializeTable passing it the same arguments
      you got (using the apply method of Function object is quite handy:

      diagNew.sendRequest('', function () {
      showContactDetailCatGroupPopup()
      myCatGroupDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable.apply(this,arguments);
      }, myCatGroupDataTable );

      Satyam

      myworld100us wrote:
      > This is one thing which I am not able to understand . Can anyone tell
      > me how to draw the loading symbol in the datatable .I am doing it
      > this way , but somehow on the reload code the load image is not
      > getting called .Here is my code . The loading Part gets painted
      > during the ini table initally .
      >
      > LoadDAtatable ()
      > {
      >
      > //All Othr Parts for Calling Datatable
      >
      > showContactDetailCatGroupPopup();-- Shows the Loading symbol
      > myCatGroupDataTable.subscribe("initEvent",
      > function(request, response, callback, caller, id)
      > {
      > closeContactDetailCatGroupPopup();
      > }
      > );
      >
      > }
      >
      > //Sometimes when I have to reload the datatacle , the second or nth
      > time
      >
      > diagNew.sendRequest(
      > '',
      >
      > myCatGroupDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable,
      > myCatGroupDataTable
      > );
      >
      > I dont know how to include the loading image functions on my reload
      > part .
      >
      > showContactDetailCatGroupPopup();-- My custom Function
      > closeContactDetailCatGroupPopup();--My custom Function

    • myworld100us
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
        Satyam, Thanks for the reply . but maybe I am missing something .
        Essentialy i copied the same code , but it does not work .
        Now even the datatable does not get reloaded . What exactly should i
        change .
        Can you help ?

        diagNew.sendRequest('', function () {
        showContactDetailFcPopup()

        30/09/2008 11:03

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
          Does the function

          showContactDetailFcPopup

          exists and can be reached? Can you run it with Firebug and the "break
          on all errors" option on? It might show you something not working
          before it even gets there. There is a semicolon missing at the end of
          the show popup function and you could use "this" for the table, but that
          shouldn't make a difference. You should use the newer way (since 2.5)
          to do call sendRequest, which shouldn't make a difference either but
          will in the future (perhaps this doesn't work any longer in 2.6)

          diagNew.sendRequest('', {
          success: function () {
          showContactDetailFcPopup();
          this.onDataReturnInitializeTable.apply(this,arguments);
          },
          scope: myCatGroupDataTable
          });

          Satyam

        • myworld100us
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
            The function gets called , its just the div does not get painted .
            the Div gets painted the first time I am calling . When its a send
            Request it does not get painted . BTW I am still little bit backward
            in terms of YUI version
            I use 2.4.1.
            Could that be a issue

            > Does the function
            >
            > showContactDetailFcPopup
            >
            > exists and can be reached? Can you run it with Firebug and
            the "break
            > on all errors" option on? It might show you something not working
            > before it even gets there. There is a semicolon missing at the end
            of
            > the show popup function and you could use "this" for the table, but
            that
            > shouldn't make a difference. You should use the newer way (since
            2.5)
            > to do call sendRequest, which shouldn't make a difference either
            but
            > will in the future (perhaps this doesn't work any longer in 2.6)
            >
            > diagNew.sendRequest('', {
            > success: function () {
            > showContactDetailFcPopup();
            > this.onDataReturnInitializeTable.apply
            (this,arguments);
            > },
            > scope: myCatGroupDataTable
            > });
            >
            > Satyam
            >
            > myworld100us wrote:
            > > Satyam, Thanks for the reply . but maybe I am missing something .
            > > Essentialy i copied the same code , but it does not work .
            > > Now even the datatable does not get reloaded . What exactly
            should i
            > > change .
            > > Can you help ?
            > >
            > > diagNew.sendRequest('', function () {
            > > showContactDetailFcPopup()
            > >
            > > myCatGroupDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable.apply
            > > (this,arguments);
            > > }, myCatGroupDataTable);
            > >

            > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Satyam <satyam@> wrote:
            > >
            > >> You are directing the callback from the sendRequest method
            straight

            > >> the DataTable code to initialize the table so it doesn't code
            > >>
            > > through
            > >
            > >> any code of yours that pops up anything. What you should do is
            > >>
            > > change
            > >
            > >> the callback to a function of your own which pops up the loading
            > >>
            > > icon
            > >
            > >> and then calls onDataReturnInitializeTable passing it the same
            > >>
            > > arguments
            > >
            > >> you got (using the apply method of Function object is quite
            handy:

            > >> diagNew.sendRequest('', function () {
            > >> showContactDetailCatGroupPopup()
            > >> myCatGroupDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable.apply
            > >>
            > > (this,arguments);
            > >
            > >> }, myCatGroupDataTable );
            > >>
            > >> Satyam

            > > tell

            > > nth

            > > reload

            > > 30/09/2008 11:03

            02/10/2008 7:46

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2008
              Might it be that it gets painted behind the DataTable and it needs
              setting the z-index?