YUI Profiler statistics aren't consistent always.

  • narendra reddy
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi there,

      We are using YUI Profiler to profile our Javascript
      APIs.

      Interestingly, the values are increasing when we run
      YUI Profiler for the same API repeatedly.
      Ideally, the values should have decreased from second
      run onwards, as caching comes into picture.

      For example :
      API : harnessResize()
      1st run 2nd run
      3rd run
      78msec 63msec
      109msec

      Why is the 3rd run value greater?.

      Also, even the 1st run value isn’t always
      consistent. That is, when we re-open the browser, then
      we are getting different value(s).

      Please let us know the exact reason behind this weird
      behavior.

      Thanks,
      Narendra Reddy.Manchala.