Image Loader not working in IE6/iPhone for me

  • darylbowden
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2008
      I'm just fooling around trying to put some kind of portfolio site together for myself and I load
      about 12 pictures (plus more in the future) when people click the portfolio tab of my home
      page. I have it set so that the image group loads on click of that tab or after 2 seconds. It
      works perfectly (and saves huge filesizes while loading) in IE7/FF/Safari/Opera, but fails in
      IE6/iPhone.

      ANybody else experienced something similar? (btw, I did a search and came up with bupkus).
      You can see it here: darylbowden.com (click on portfolio tab)
    • matt_mlinac
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2008
        Hi Daryl

        Instead of calling post_load_images() in this manner:

        Use YUI's Event to add the function to page load, or else call teh
        function directly from your HTML.

        So either:
        In darylbowden.js:
        YUI.util.Event.addListener(window, 'load', post_load_images);
        Or, in a <script> tag at the bottom of the page itself:
        post_load_images();

        Also, it appears that your 2 second time limit is not working.
        Changing the way you call your ImageLoader setup function will fix the
        time limit, and should resolve your problems in IE6 and the iPhone.

        -matt

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "darylbowden" <darylbowden@...>