Re: Setting the dual slider's initial values without a flicker during initialization

  • Lucas Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2008
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "aichcon" <hbakkalbasi@...> wrote:

      > Is there a way to set a newly created dual slider's default thumb
      > positions at certain locations without it first setting the thumb
      > positions at 0 during initialization?

      [snip]

      Currently the DualSlider has to initialize to 0,0, then apply the
      initVals. It is on the todo list to remove this requirement in
      upcoming versions.

      In the mean time, try adding a class to the DualSlider container
      element that applies visibility: hidden to the thumb elements. Then
      subscribe to the DualSlider's 'ready' event to remove the class from
      the container.

      Hope this helps,
      Luke
    • aichcon
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 24 5:15 PM
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Lucas Smith" <lsmith@...> wrote:

        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "aichcon" <hbakkalbasi@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Is there a way to set a newly created dual slider's default thumb
        > > positions at certain locations without it first setting the thumb
        > > positions at 0 during initialization?
        > >
        > [snip]
        >
        > Currently the DualSlider has to initialize to 0,0, then apply the
        > initVals. It is on the todo list to remove this requirement in
        > upcoming versions.
        >
        > In the mean time, try adding a class to the DualSlider container
        > element that applies visibility: hidden to the thumb elements. Then
        > subscribe to the DualSlider's 'ready' event to remove the class from
        > the container.
        >
        > Hope this helps,
        > Luke

        Luke - thanks for the workaround. I've been using it for some time now. Any chance there's an update on the issue?

        Thanks a lot for your help.

        Hakan
      • Lucas Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 27 2:56 PM
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "aichcon" <hbakkalbasi@...> wrote:

          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Lucas Smith" <lsmith@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "aichcon" <hbakkalbasi@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Is there a way to set a newly created dual slider's default thumb
          > > > positions at certain locations without it first setting the thumb
          > > > positions at 0 during initialization?
          > > >
          > > [snip]
          > >
          > > Currently the DualSlider has to initialize to 0,0, then apply the
          > > initVals. It is on the todo list to remove this requirement in
          > > upcoming versions.
          > >
          > > In the mean time, try adding a class to the DualSlider container
          > > element that applies visibility: hidden to the thumb elements. Then
          > > subscribe to the DualSlider's 'ready' event to remove the class from
          > > the container.
          > >
          > > Hope this helps,
          > > Luke
          > >

          > Luke - thanks for the workaround. I've been using it for some time now. Any chance there's an update on the issue?
          >
          > Thanks a lot for your help.
          >
          > Hakan

          Sorry Hakan, I didn't have the time to give DualSlider the love it needs for the 2.7.0 release. So for now the workaround is all you have, officially speaking. I have something in the works, but it still has quite a few kinks to work out. It may be a while before I'm able to polish that up, though.

          There's always the option to create a dual slider effect using two DD instances for thumbs, in which case you can place them wherever you like and just set the DD instance's X or Y constraints accordingly. That's the simplest form of what's under the hood of Slider and DualSlider anyway.

          Luke