How to refresh a datatable when the datatable become from a datasource xml???

  • irene_varas2005
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30 3:36 PM
      Hi i'm trying to refresh the data of the datatable using
      onReturnDataInicializeTable
      but i think it works only when the datasource notice that a new row is
      node is added in the xml , i want to refresh the datatable when a cell
      change for example
      first teh xml is
      <id>1</id>
      <count>30</count>
      then the xml change to
      <id>1</id>
      <count>31</count>

      how can i refresh the datatable in this case

      regards
      irene
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
        In:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datatable/#datasource

        read the section titled "getting more data"

        Satyam

        irene_varas2005 wrote:
        > Hi i'm trying to refresh the data of the datatable using
        > onReturnDataInicializeTable
        > but i think it works only when the datasource notice that a new row is
        > node is added in the xml , i want to refresh the datatable when a cell
        > change for example
        > first teh xml is
        > <id>1</id>
        > <count>30</count>
        > then the xml change to
        > <id>1</id>
        > <count>31</count>
        >
        > how can i refresh the datatable in this case
        >
        > regards
        > irene

      • irene varas
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
          hi .. i have a question.. when i use the method  senRequest  for example

          myDataTable.getDataSource().sendRequest('',myDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable, myDataTable);

          what exactly do the callback onDataReturnInitializeTable?? the callback compare the original data with the actual data or direct retrieve the data???? there are any cache ???

          my problem is the next my application is about join in to courses, for example in the datatable the user can view courses like.. math, language, etc and each course have quote, there are "n" users using the application, the users can do request to the server to register in a course, every time  the quote is lower for example

          time 1
          Course        quote
          Español       35
          Mathematic  22
          Grammar      29

          time 2
          Course        quote
          Español       32
          Mathematic  19
          Grammar      10

          i need, when a user register in a course all the other users can view that the quote is lower
          how can i do that

          help me please
          sorry for my bad english

          irene_varas2005 wrote:
          > Hi i'm trying to refresh the data of the datatable using
          > onReturnDataInicializeTable
          > but i think it works only when the datasource notice that a new row is
          > node is added in the xml , i want to refresh the datatable when a cell
          > change for example
          > first teh xml is
          > <id>1</id>
          > <count>30</count>
          > then the xml change to
          > <id>1</id>
          > <count>31</count>
          >
          > how can i refresh the datatable in this case
          >
          > regards
          > irene

          " Prefiero almas altivas y altaneras que serviles y rastreras, porque se puede perdonar a las panteras, pero nunca, jamás a los reptiles "
          Napoleon Bonaparte
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
            irene varas wrote:
            > hi .. i have a question.. when i use the method senRequest for example
            >
            > myDataTable.getDataSource().sendRequest('',myDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable,
            > myDataTable);
            >
            > what exactly do the callback onDataReturnInitializeTable?? the
            > callback compare the original data with the actual data or direct
            > retrieve the data????
            onDataReturnInitializeTable does just that,it initializes the table as
            if it had not been there before, it doesn't compare to what's already
            in, it doesn't care at all about what's in, it draws it all again.
            > there are any cache ???
            >
            > my problem is the next my application is about join in to courses, for
            > example in the datatable the user can view courses like.. math,
            > language, etc and each course have quote, there are "n" users using
            > the application, the users can do request to the server to register in
            > a course, every time the quote is lower for example
            >
            > time 1
            > Course quote
            > Español 35
            > Mathematic 22
            > Grammar 29
            >
            > time 2
            > Course quote
            > Español 32
            > Mathematic 19
            > Grammar 10
            >
            > i need, when a user register in a course all the other users can view
            > that the quote is lower
            > how can i do that

            Yours is not a User Interface issue, it is the normal issue any
            reservation system deals with everyday and has dealt with for decades.
            Usually, this is not a problem until you get to the very last few
            places, users can hardly care if there are 35 or 32, they only care if
            they get their seat in that course.

            What you should be really concerned about is how you update the
            database, make sure your reservation is made in a single, atomic SQL
            operation, usually through an uninterrupted stored procedure. If you
            don't get to do the update in the database atomic, you might
            unintentionally create over-bookings.

            As for the user, it is first come-first served, and if you took your
            time thinking about it, you missed. I wouldn't even care to show the
            exact number of places available, I would show them in red if there are
            five or less, yellow for 10 or less, blue for 20 or less and green above
            30. Users should know that if they take too long to decide on red ones,
            they might miss the course, yellow they might think about it for a while
            and green they may wait until next day. You put your own scale for a
            real case. Just give them a hint of how tight things are, there is
            probably no need to be so precise. If you give them numbers, people
            will complain that the numbers are not accurate, if you just give them a
            hint, the hint was red and when they decided, the system says "sorry,
            your request could not be granted", what can they say! Someone else was
            faster.

            > help me please
            > sorry for my bad english
            Not bad at all but, of course, native English speakers might think
            otherwise ;-)

            Satyam

            > 2008/10/1 Satyam <satyam@... <mailto:satyam@...>>
            >
            > In:
            >
            > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datatable/#datasource
            >
            > read the section titled "getting more data"
            >
            > Satyam
            >
            > irene_varas2005 wrote:
            > > Hi i'm trying to refresh the data of the datatable using
            > > onReturnDataInicializeTable
            > > but i think it works only when the datasource notice that a new
            > row is
            > > node is added in the xml , i want to refresh the datatable when
            > a cell
            > > change for example
            > > first teh xml is
            > > <id>1</id>
            > > <count>30</count>
            > > then the xml change to
            > > <id>1</id>
            > > <count>31</count>
            > >
            > > how can i refresh the datatable in this case
            > >
            > > regards
            > > irene

            > 30/09/2008 11:03
            > >

            > --
            > " Prefiero almas altivas y altaneras que serviles y rastreras, porque
            > se puede perdonar a las panteras, pero nunca, jamás a los reptiles "
            > Napoleon Bonaparte

          • irene varas
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
              you are right