Datatable Loading Image - reload Data

  • myworld100us
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2008
      This is one thing which I am not able to understand . Can anyone tell
      me how to draw the loading symbol in the datatable .I am doing it
      this way , but somehow on the reload code the load image is not
      getting called .Here is my code . The loading Part gets painted
      during the ini table initally .

      LoadDAtatable ()
      {

      //All Othr Parts for Calling Datatable

      showContactDetailCatGroupPopup();-- Shows the Loading symbol
      myCatGroupDataTable.subscribe("initEvent",
      function(request, response, callback, caller, id)
      {
      closeContactDetailCatGroupPopup();
      }
      );

      }

      //Sometimes when I have to reload the datatacle , the second or nth
      time

      diagNew.sendRequest(
      '',

      myCatGroupDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable,
      myCatGroupDataTable
      );

      I dont know how to include the loading image functions on my reload
      part .

      showContactDetailCatGroupPopup();-- My custom Function
      closeContactDetailCatGroupPopup();--My custom Function
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
        You are directing the callback from the sendRequest method straight to
        the DataTable code to initialize the table so it doesn't code through
        any code of yours that pops up anything. What you should do is change
        the callback to a function of your own which pops up the loading icon
        and then calls onDataReturnInitializeTable passing it the same arguments
        you got (using the apply method of Function object is quite handy:

        diagNew.sendRequest('', function () {
        showContactDetailCatGroupPopup()
        myCatGroupDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable.apply(this,arguments);
        }, myCatGroupDataTable );

        Satyam

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
          Satyam, Thanks for the reply . but maybe I am missing something .
          Essentialy i copied the same code , but it does not work .
          Now even the datatable does not get reloaded . What exactly should i
          change .
          Can you help ?

          diagNew.sendRequest('', function () {
          showContactDetailFcPopup()

          30/09/2008 11:03

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
            Does the function

            showContactDetailFcPopup

            exists and can be reached? Can you run it with Firebug and the "break
            on all errors" option on? It might show you something not working
            before it even gets there. There is a semicolon missing at the end of
            the show popup function and you could use "this" for the table, but that
            shouldn't make a difference. You should use the newer way (since 2.5)
            to do call sendRequest, which shouldn't make a difference either but
            will in the future (perhaps this doesn't work any longer in 2.6)

            diagNew.sendRequest('', {
            success: function () {
            showContactDetailFcPopup();
            this.onDataReturnInitializeTable.apply(this,arguments);
            },
            scope: myCatGroupDataTable
            });

            Satyam

          • myworld100us
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
              The function gets called , its just the div does not get painted .
              the Div gets painted the first time I am calling . When its a send
              Request it does not get painted . BTW I am still little bit backward
              in terms of YUI version
              I use 2.4.1.
              Could that be a issue

              > Does the function
              >
              > showContactDetailFcPopup
              >
              > exists and can be reached? Can you run it with Firebug and
              the "break
              > on all errors" option on? It might show you something not working
              > before it even gets there. There is a semicolon missing at the end
              of
              > the show popup function and you could use "this" for the table, but
              that
              > shouldn't make a difference. You should use the newer way (since
              2.5)
              > to do call sendRequest, which shouldn't make a difference either
              but
              > will in the future (perhaps this doesn't work any longer in 2.6)
              >
              > diagNew.sendRequest('', {
              > success: function () {
              > showContactDetailFcPopup();
              > this.onDataReturnInitializeTable.apply
              (this,arguments);
              > },
              > scope: myCatGroupDataTable
              > });
              >
              > Satyam
              >
              > myworld100us wrote:
              > > Satyam, Thanks for the reply . but maybe I am missing something .
              > > Essentialy i copied the same code , but it does not work .
              > > Now even the datatable does not get reloaded . What exactly
              should i
              > > change .
              > > Can you help ?
              > >
              > > diagNew.sendRequest('', function () {
              > > showContactDetailFcPopup()
              > >
              > > myCatGroupDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable.apply
              > > (this,arguments);
              > > }, myCatGroupDataTable);
              > >

              > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Satyam <satyam@> wrote:
              > >
              > >> You are directing the callback from the sendRequest method
              straight

              > >> the DataTable code to initialize the table so it doesn't code
              > >>
              > > through
              > >
              > >> any code of yours that pops up anything. What you should do is
              > >>
              > > change
              > >
              > >> the callback to a function of your own which pops up the loading
              > >>
              > > icon
              > >
              > >> and then calls onDataReturnInitializeTable passing it the same
              > >>
              > > arguments
              > >
              > >> you got (using the apply method of Function object is quite
              handy:

              > >> diagNew.sendRequest('', function () {
              > >> showContactDetailCatGroupPopup()
              > >> myCatGroupDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable.apply
              > >>
              > > (this,arguments);
              > >
              > >> }, myCatGroupDataTable );
              > >>
              > >> Satyam

              > > tell

              > > nth

              > > reload

              > > 30/09/2008 11:03

              02/10/2008 7:46

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 3, 2008
                Might it be that it gets painted behind the DataTable and it needs
                setting the z-index?