XP-Style container skin

  • cc_fo
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2008
      [begin grovelling]

      I'm trying to use the custom skin for the Panel component as described
      in the advanced skinning tutorial:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/panelskin2.html

      but I'm using it on a page with several other controls which use the
      Sam skin. I've tried to find the conflicting CSS which is causing the
      top-left and top-right divs to be incorrectly placed in IE (they are
      both placed "on top" of the middle region of the header element, 8px
      too far in) and override it in the custom skin's CSS (declared after
      skin.css to allow the cascade rules to give it higher precedence) but
      to no avail. Has anyone tried (and succeeded) in doing similar, or
      have any suggestions as to what I can do to avoid the issue (works
      great in Firefox, of course :P ) ?

      Thanks in advance,

      Chris.

      [/end grovelling]