submit button in internet explorer

  • D. Wayne Fincher
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2008
      I've got a submit button, marked up with html, type="submit", that
      submits in firefox 3, and opera, but won't submit in internet
      explorer, safari, or chrome.

      HTML Markup:
      <form method="post" action="login.php?case=login2">
      <input type="submit" name="submit" id="submit-button" value="Login" />
      </form>

      Javascript:
      YAHOO.util.Event.onContentReady('loginPage', function() {
      subButton = new YAHOO.widget.Button("submit-button", {type: 'submit'});
      });

      I can't figure out for the life of me why it's working in firefox and
      opera, but doesn't seem to be working anywhere else. This is like some
      of the simplest stuff! :(
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2008
        Wayne -

        Change the name of your button from "submit" to something else and it
        will work. The issue is that in IE, if you name a button "submit" it
        re-maps the "submit" method of the button's parent form to point to the
        HTML button instance. So form.submit() fails to work. Button uses the
        "submit" method, and that is why using the name "submit" breaks.

        - Todd

        D. Wayne Fincher wrote:

        > I've got a submit button, marked up with html, type="submit", that
        > submits in firefox 3, and opera, but won't submit in internet
        > explorer, safari, or chrome.
        >
        > HTML Markup:
        > <form method="post" action="login.php?case=login2">
        > <input type="submit" name="submit" id="submit-button" value="Login" />
        > </form>
        >
        > Javascript:
        > YAHOO.util.Event.onContentReady('loginPage', function() {
        > subButton = new YAHOO.widget.Button("submit-button", {type: 'submit'});
        > });
        >
        > I can't figure out for the life of me why it's working in firefox and
        > opera, but doesn't seem to be working anywhere else. This is like some
        > of the simplest stuff! :(

      • D. Wayne Fincher
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2008
          OMG!!

          Todd Kloots, that's a life saver man! I feel a little noobish right
          now. I have tons of other buttons that work, but I guess for some
          reason I just decided to toss a name on this button, when I normally
          don't do that. :O

          Thank you!