My new css editor with YUI

  • daveb662001
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2008
      Hi there!

      I just finished coding a visual styles editor based on YUI

      Just want to know what people think
      All the options are set by site admin. Options include which css
      selectors are editable in which blocks, also which range of values can
      be used for which css selector. For example, admin can allow editing
      only 'top' and 'bottom' border for some specific block and allow to
      edit all borders for another block.

      Also admin can easily set which widget to be used for which css
      declaration editing. For example, admin can just change from 'menu' to
      'slider' and boom - the slider will be used for editing instead of
      'menu' available choices are 'menu', 'menubutton', 'slider', 'radio'

      I also used 'carousel' widget for selecting background images.

      On the server side the css file is created using php pear lib HTML_CSS

      Anyway, take a look.
      And just want to tell you that I am a beginner in javascript, this is
      my second application with YUI.

      http://dev.sharedlog.com/blog-settings/

      It's in demo mode for not logged-in users, but if you register and
      login you can then look at the created css file after you click save,
      go to your blog and find your css file in the html of the page.

      It's an open source project, so feel free to look at the source on php
      file - it's here:

      http://dev.sharedlog.com/svn/trunk/classes/clsStyleEditor.php
    • daveb662001
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "daveb662001" <daveb662001@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi there!
        >
        > I just finished coding a visual styles editor based on YUI
        >
        > Just want to know what people think
        > All the options are set by site admin. Options include which css
        > selectors are editable in which blocks, also which range of values can
        > be used for which css selector. For example, admin can allow editing
        > only 'top' and 'bottom' border for some specific block and allow to
        > edit all borders for another block.
        >
        > Also admin can easily set which widget to be used for which css
        > declaration editing. For example, admin can just change from 'menu' to
        > 'slider' and boom - the slider will be used for editing instead of
        > 'menu' available choices are 'menu', 'menubutton', 'slider', 'radio'
        >
        > I also used 'carousel' widget for selecting background images.
        >
        > On the server side the css file is created using php pear lib HTML_CSS
        >
        > Anyway, take a look.
        > And just want to tell you that I am a beginner in javascript, this is
        > my second application with YUI.
        >
        > http://dev.sharedlog.com/blog-settings/
        >
        > It's in demo mode for not logged-in users, but if you register and
        > login you can then look at the created css file after you click save,
        > go to your blog and find your css file in the html of the page.
        >
        > It's an open source project, so feel free to look at the source on php
        > file - it's here:
        >
        > http://dev.sharedlog.com/svn/trunk/classes/clsStyleEditor.php

        Just noticed it works ONLY if Firefox so far. I am trying to find a
        problem/problems why if does not work in IE and Chrome.
      • daveb662001
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2008
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "daveb662001" <cert21@...> wrote:

          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "daveb662001" <daveb662001@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi there!
          > >
          > > I just finished coding a visual styles editor based on YUI
          > >
          > > Just want to know what people think
          > > All the options are set by site admin. Options include which css
          > > selectors are editable in which blocks, also which range of values can
          > > be used for which css selector. For example, admin can allow editing
          > > only 'top' and 'bottom' border for some specific block and allow to
          > > edit all borders for another block.
          > >
          > > Also admin can easily set which widget to be used for which css
          > > declaration editing. For example, admin can just change from 'menu' to
          > > 'slider' and boom - the slider will be used for editing instead of
          > > 'menu' available choices are 'menu', 'menubutton', 'slider', 'radio'
          > >
          > > I also used 'carousel' widget for selecting background images.
          > >
          > > On the server side the css file is created using php pear lib HTML_CSS
          > >
          > > Anyway, take a look.
          > > And just want to tell you that I am a beginner in javascript, this is
          > > my second application with YUI.
          > >
          > > http://dev.sharedlog.com/blog-settings/
          > >
          > > It's in demo mode for not logged-in users, but if you register and
          > > login you can then look at the created css file after you click save,
          > > go to your blog and find your css file in the html of the page.
          > >
          > > It's an open source project, so feel free to look at the source on php
          > > file - it's here:
          > >
          > > http://dev.sharedlog.com/svn/trunk/classes/clsStyleEditor.php
          > >

          > Just noticed it works ONLY if Firefox so far. I am trying to find a
          > problem/problems why if does not work in IE and Chrome.

          Found a problem - the o.getResponseHeader['Content-Type'] needed to be
          run through YAHOO.lang.trim() method.
          I guess firefox is smart enough to automatically trim leading spaces
          from string.

          It now works in Firefox and Chrome. Still sucks in IE - some things
          work and some don't
        • Eric Miraglia