Re: DataTable 2.6 subclassing template?

  • gpaslanis
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28 9:35 AM

      > 2.6 has not yet been released and you are asking for derived work
      based
      > on it? And further complaining that your IDE, which is developed
      by a
      > company hardly known to support open source, lacks support for
      YUI? Why
      > don't you ask them, after all, aren't you paying for the privilege
      of
      > being supported?
      >
      > Satyam
      >
      > gpaslanis wrote:
      > > Hi all,
      > > Does anyone have a sub-classed DataTable 2.6 template or example
      we
      > > could use as a learning tool? I'm surprised with all the great
      YUI
      > > examples, especially the advanced/complex example, there are no
      > > complete examples of how to properly subclass the new datatable.
      Having
      > > to use VS2008 IDE for non-compileable/non-intellisense version of
      > > JavaScript is frustrating to say the least! Any help or
      suggestions
      > > greatly appreciated. Thanks!

      27/09/2008 13:11

      Hi Satyam,
      I appologize for the mis-understanding. I'm a huge fan of YUI and
      trying hard to push for its adoption/standardization within our
      development groups. I thought I might use 2.6pr1 for prototyping
      demos & testing. My request was only to see what others were doing to
      help my learning curve, not to imply anything was wrong with the yui
      library. We've submitted multiple requests to Microsoft for better
      integration with YUI since October 2007. Currently VS2008 IDE does
      have intellisense for external libraries, but could be much more
      YuiFriendly. Thank you for all the great works!