Pardon the interruption.

  • Chris Curran
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2008
      I'm guessing that most of do not know that September is Prostate
      Cancer Awareness Month. I didn't know it until a few days ago myself.
      Being diagnosed with prostate cancer teaches you all kinds of new
      things...

      Guys (and girls go get your guy and make him) put down your keyboards,
      fishing poles, golf clubs, whatever for a few minutes and get a blood
      test. Have your PSA tested. Don't wait until you're 50. I'm 47, have
      prostate cancer and have had it for at least two years (dr estimate).

      Now I know there are a lot of young-bucks out there reading this
      thinking "I don't need this". Yes you do. One is six men get prostate
      cancer - how about those odds? It's best to start young, when you're
      most likely to have a PSA value of 0. Don't wait until you're 47 and
      your first reading is 7.6. Know and monitor it like you do your blood
      sugar and cholesterol levels. What you're looking for is a pattern of
      elevation - not a single spike (spikes are normal).

      http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/detection/PSA

      BE AWARE of your own health. Lastly, please don't reply to this -
      instead, spend that time marking your calendar to get a PSA test.