Re: [ydn-javascript] Serializing DOM components

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2006
      Dan,

      We don't have a serialization function in the works, as far as I know; as one poster pointed out, though, there are some good ones out there from which you can draw.

      To answer your question about scrollable containers, Adam Moore, who wrote the YUI Drag and Drop Utility, did a terrific job making sure that the page scrolls when you drag to the edges of the viewport.  This is a hard thing to get right in all the A-grade browsers we support; we've been happy so far with the implementation.

      We'll be curious to hear what you think.

      -Eric

      On Feb 14, 2006, at 2:36 PM, shooting_star2000 wrote:

      Hello all, I have a question about the Serialization of DOM
      components. I am currently using the scriptaculous API for various
      drag and drop components, sorting lists, etc. It can be found at the
      following:

      Although this API is pretty amazing for what you can do, it gets a bit
      shaky when it comes to incorporating some of its functionality into
      scrollable containers. I'm curious how the Yahoo! UI Library handles
      this sort of thing.

      1 good thing about scriptaculous is its ability to serialize entire
      DOM containers via a simple call. I need this functionality in
      whatever i choose going forward. Does anyone know if the Yahoo! UI
      Library provides for this kind of functionality?

      Thank you so much for your knowledge and opinions.

      Dan

      Yahoo! Groups Links