Re: Problem with Connection Manager - isCallInProcess

  • Thomas S. Sha
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "David Prusak" <dprusak@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Once in a while, I get a javascript error when I try and get a
      > status of a connection.
      >
      > The javascript error I get is:
      >
      > o.conn is undefined.
      >
      > isCallInProgress:function(o){
      > if(o){
      > return o.conn.readyState != 4 && o.conn.readyState != 0;
      >
      > I believe what is happening is that if the connection is complete,
      > the o.conn propery is removed or deleted somehow. "o" still exists,
      > but there is no conn property.
      >
      > I have a workaround in my local code that checks for o.conn, and if
      > it exists, then call isCallInProgress. If not, I assume that the
      > connection has completed and continue.
      >
      > Hope that makes sense.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > --David

      Your assessment is spot on, and your proposed fix will remove the
      error. Thanks for posting this.

      This is the proposed revision for the next release.

      isCallInProgress:function(o){
      if(o.conn){
      return o.conn.readyState != 4 && o.conn.readyState != 0;
      }
      else{
      // The transaction has completed and the object destroyed.
      return false;

      Thomas