Re: calendar cell mouseover function runs upon cell render but not on mouseover

  • osirishinzen
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
      I think the "answering your own post" syndrome is contagious.
      It seems I should not pass the object as a parameter like this

      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(cell.id, "mouseover", fnTest(cell));

      instead it should look like this

      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(cell.id, "mouseover", fnTest, cell);

      and it works !!!!
    • osirishinzen
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
        Spoke too soon, the object beeing passed is the mouseevent object not
        the date or cell object which I need. :(

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "osirishinzen"
        <osirishinzen@...> wrote:

        > I think the "answering your own post" syndrome is contagious.
        > It seems I should not pass the object as a parameter like this
        >
        > YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(cell.id, "mouseover", fnTest(cell));
        >
        > instead it should look like this
        >
        > YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(cell.id, "mouseover", fnTest, cell);
        >
        > and it works !!!!

      • Nige White
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
          osirishinzen wrote:

          > Spoke too soon, the object beeing passed is the mouseevent object not
          > the date or cell object which I need. :(

          The object is passed as the second parameter - after the event..