Re: Informations about YUI Libraries

  • gpaslanis
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2008
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@...>
      wrote:

      > Suresh,
      >
      > You may find the following link helpful:
      >
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_JavaScript_frameworks
      >
      > Regards,
      > Eric
      >

      > On Sep 3, 2008, at 7:29 AM, Petr Kobalíček wrote:
      >
      > > Hi, if you are building one-page web application, consider also
      > > qooxdoo or smartclient ;-)
      > >
      > > 2008/9/3 don_suresh20032003 <suresh.don@...>:
      > > > Hi
      > > >
      > > > We are evaluating the YUI Libraries for UI migration in our
      product.

      > > > can anyone please give me the information/reference link to get
      the
      > > > advantages of YUI over other technologies like GWT, ext-js,
      DOJO?

      > > > Regards,
      > > > Suresh.A

      IMHO, the numbers (Comparison_of_JavaScript_frameworks) do not tell
      the whole story! Of course YUI is a great javascript library. To be
      honest, its expected from a company the caliber of Yahoo. Offering
      solid 2.5.2, weeks away from 2.6, and 3.0 already in the works,
      guarantees feature/functionality upgrade paths. But its greatness
      comes from the insane level of support provided by the actual
      developers. Forum answers are not only provided continuously
      throughout the day, but they take the time to teach how the library
      can be used. In many cases via released complete example code,
      private websites, or returning snippets of code. Your lucky if you
      can buy this level of support from most companies!