Create a YUI Panel form Bookmarklet?
- View SourceDoes anyone have a working method to create YUI Container Panels via a
bookmarklet control that works on any page?
I currently follow this procedure:
1. Bookmarklet injects < script > tag with custom JS from my site.
2. This script then loads YUI Loader as < script > into environment.
3. After YUI Loader script loads (script_el.onload) call a function.
4. Function uses Loader to load YUI Container controls.
5. Next, function creates a new YAHOO.widgets.Panel.
6. I set Panel head, body, etc. and then render to document.body.
This works as expected, as long as I'm on the originating domain.
However, on other domains the head, body, footer content is rendered
in correct location with styles applied, but they just appear. It does
not look like a Panel, the sam skin doesn't apply, and it is not
draggable or closeable. It looks primarily like some divs have been
added and that's all.
I recognize that the same origin policy plays a role when loading
scripts from different sites in this way. However, I can't tell from
the documentation why Panel fails. I've disabled iframe config
property, as well as monitorresize (which is default true) because
both of these use iframes and would likely be inaccessible due to the
same-origin policy. Is there something else I can try or is this truly