Re: simple menu for treeview (onmouseover)

  • dufferdo25
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
      I ws trying to keep the nodes as TextNodes as I have everything
      working nicely now and I just want to add a simple 3 link menu to each
      node on the tree. Is there a simple example of using the menu on the
      treeview (not the ContextMenu example)?
      Thanks for your help.

      I tried the HTMLNode and thought I could capture mouseover and display
      the menu but I couldnt get that to work.

      TIA!

      > One of the node types in TreeView is HTMLNode. You are free to mix and
      > match node types, each node can be of a different type. You can use
      > HTMLNodes for the leaf nodes and have it filled with whatever you want,
      > TreeView will take care of showing it and hiding it. You will still
      > have to listen to the events fired by the HTML elements in the node,
      > TreeView would know nothing about them. You can even load a node
      with a
      > plain <div> and have another YUI widget drawn into it.
      >
      > Satyam
      >

      > dufferdo25 wrote:
      > > Hello all,
      > > I want to add a simple menu to each leaf of the treeview...similar to
      > > the context menu but I want it more like the tooltips where it
      > > displays onmouseover, not onriight click.
      > > I need the links to be dynamic in that they contain a function with
      > > the innerHTML of the tree node. Any ideas?
      > >
      > > Thanks...

      28/08/2008 7:39

    • dufferdo25
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
        I ws trying to keep the nodes as TextNodes as I have everything
        working nicely now and I just want to add a simple 3 link menu to each
        node on the tree. Is there a simple example of using the menu on the
        treeview (not the ContextMenu example)?
        Thanks for your help.

        I tried the HTMLNode and thought I could capture mouseover and display
        the menu but I couldnt get that to work.

        TIA!

        > One of the node types in TreeView is HTMLNode. You are free to mix and
        > match node types, each node can be of a different type. You can use
        > HTMLNodes for the leaf nodes and have it filled with whatever you want,
        > TreeView will take care of showing it and hiding it. You will still
        > have to listen to the events fired by the HTML elements in the node,
        > TreeView would know nothing about them. You can even load a node
        with a
        > plain <div> and have another YUI widget drawn into it.
        >
        > Satyam
        >

        > dufferdo25 wrote:
        > > Hello all,
        > > I want to add a simple menu to each leaf of the treeview...similar to
        > > the context menu but I want it more like the tooltips where it
        > > displays onmouseover, not onriight click.
        > > I need the links to be dynamic in that they contain a function with
        > > the innerHTML of the tree node. Any ideas?
        > >
        > > Thanks...

        28/08/2008 7:39

      • dufferdo25
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
          I ws trying to keep the nodes as TextNodes as I have everything
          working nicely now and I just want to add a simple 3 link menu to each
          node on the tree. Is there a simple example of using the menu on the
          treeview (not the ContextMenu example)?
          Thanks for your help.

          I tried the HTMLNode and thought I could capture mouseover and display
          the menu but I couldnt get that to work.

          TIA!

          > One of the node types in TreeView is HTMLNode. You are free to mix and
          > match node types, each node can be of a different type. You can use
          > HTMLNodes for the leaf nodes and have it filled with whatever you want,
          > TreeView will take care of showing it and hiding it. You will still
          > have to listen to the events fired by the HTML elements in the node,
          > TreeView would know nothing about them. You can even load a node
          with a
          > plain <div> and have another YUI widget drawn into it.
          >
          > Satyam
          >

          > dufferdo25 wrote:
          > > Hello all,
          > > I want to add a simple menu to each leaf of the treeview...similar to
          > > the context menu but I want it more like the tooltips where it
          > > displays onmouseover, not onriight click.
          > > I need the links to be dynamic in that they contain a function with
          > > the innerHTML of the tree node. Any ideas?
          > >
          > > Thanks...

          28/08/2008 7:39

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
            Use MenuNode for the last level. You can mix and match Node types,
            there is no need to stick with any one type. MenuNodes are TextNodes
            that only keep one branch open at any time, in between those that are
            MenuNodes. The you subscribe to the labelClick event to know when they
            have been clicked.

            Satyam

            dufferdo25 wrote:
            > Thanks,
            > I ws trying to keep the nodes as TextNodes as I have everything
            > working nicely now and I just want to add a simple 3 link menu to each
            > node on the tree. Is there a simple example of using the menu on the
            > treeview (not the ContextMenu example)?
            > Thanks for your help.
            >
            > I tried the HTMLNode and thought I could capture mouseover and display
            > the menu but I couldnt get that to work.
            >
            > TIA!

            >> One of the node types in TreeView is HTMLNode. You are free to mix and
            >> match node types, each node can be of a different type. You can use
            >> HTMLNodes for the leaf nodes and have it filled with whatever you want,
            >> TreeView will take care of showing it and hiding it. You will still
            >> have to listen to the events fired by the HTML elements in the node,
            >> TreeView would know nothing about them. You can even load a node
            >>
            > with a
            >
            >> plain <div> and have another YUI widget drawn into it.
            >>
            >> Satyam
            >>

            >> dufferdo25 wrote:
            >>
            >>> Hello all,
            >>> I want to add a simple menu to each leaf of the treeview...similar to
            >>> the context menu but I want it more like the tooltips where it
            >>> displays onmouseover, not onriight click.
            >>> I need the links to be dynamic in that they contain a function with
            >>> the innerHTML of the tree node. Any ideas?
            >>>
            >>> Thanks...

            > 28/08/2008 7:39

          • dufferdo25
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
              I managed to get the contextMenu to work but I have the need to create
              a custom property for the TextNode called name (or whatever).

              var myobj = { title:"label-" + n, label: n, href:"xmpp:" + n,
              name:"name"+n };
              oTextNode = new YAHOO.widget.TextNode(myobj, oTreeView.getRoot(), false);

              Now the API states:
              All other attributes are made available in noderef.data, which can be
              used to store custom attributes.

              How do I access this property?

              I would still like to use the menu instead of the contextMenu so if
              there are any examples, I would appreciate it.
              TIA!
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
                Assuming you have a node by any means you care to, for example, as the
                argument from a labelClick event listener:

                myTree.subscribe("labelClick", function(node) {
                alert(node.data.name + " was clicked");
                });

                Satyam

                dufferdo25 wrote:
                > I managed to get the contextMenu to work but I have the need to create
                > a custom property for the TextNode called name (or whatever).
                >
                > var myobj = { title:"label-" + n, label: n, href:"xmpp:" + n,
                > name:"name"+n };
                > oTextNode = new YAHOO.widget.TextNode(myobj, oTreeView.getRoot(), false);
                >

                > Now the API states:
                > All other attributes are made available in noderef.data, which can be
                > used to store custom attributes.
                >
                > How do I access this property?
                >
                > I would still like to use the menu instead of the contextMenu so if
                > there are any examples, I would appreciate it.
                > TIA!

              • dufferdo25
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
                  Thanks Satyam,
                  I thought I had this contextMenu figured out but it seems that I only
                  get a context menu on the groups and not on the individual nodes eg..

                  cars
                  --chevrolet
                  -----camaro
                  -----corvette
                  --mercedes
                  -----ml350

                  So the context is only available on cars, chevrolet and mercedes and
                  not on camaro, corvette, ml350

                  Any ideas?

                  code:
                  YAHOO.util.Event.onAvailable("rosterDiv", function () {
                  loadContextMenu();
                  });

                  var loadContextMenu = function() {
                  var oContextMenu = new YAHOO.widget.ContextMenu("mytreecontextmenu", {
                  trigger: "rosterDiv",
                  lazyload: true,
                  itemdata: [
                  { text: "Shadow", onclick: { fn: shadowClick } },
                  { text: "Chat", onclick: { fn: chatClick } },
                  { text: "Send file", onclick: { fn: fileClick } }
                  ] });
                  oContextMenu.subscribe("triggerContextMenu", onTriggerContextMenu);
                  //END MENU
                  }

                  TIA!