Re: charts.swf in iFrames

  • tripp.bridges
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I did not receive an answer on my question 24H after the first post.
      > Could someone please have a look at it. I really need to get things
      > published!
      > Thx
      >
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > While developing a Google gadget, I ran into this problem ...
      > > On this (http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgetserver/stockquote.html)
      > > page, I created a linegraph without any problems. The purpose of
      > > this page is to be shown in an iframe that will be loaded from an
      > > online gadget.
      > >
      > > This gadget is working fine in general but there is a problem when I
      > > try to run it in FireFox with a page domain that is different from the
      > > domain from which the iframe is loaded. See examples ...
      > > ... http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgets/widget.html is working fine
      but
      > > ... http://www.eeehop.com/widget.html is NOT functioning in FireFox.
      > >
      > > To make it even more complicated, if you have Firebug enabled and
      > > active, the graphs on both pages are displayed without any problems!
      > >
      > > I found some info about a bug in the Flash plugin for FireFox
      > > (http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-561)
      > >
      > > Can anyone please have a look at this?
      > >
      > > Thx,
      > > Jef

      Hi,
      Unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you yet. This will take
      some time to pinpoint the cause of this issue.
      Thanks,
      Tripp
    • Jef
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@...> wrote:

        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > > I did not receive an answer on my question 24H after the first post.
        > > Could someone please have a look at it. I really need to get things
        > > published!
        > > Thx
        > >
        > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi,
        > > > While developing a Google gadget, I ran into this problem ...
        > > > On this (http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgetserver/stockquote.html)
        > > > page, I created a linegraph without any problems. The purpose of
        > > > this page is to be shown in an iframe that will be loaded from an
        > > > online gadget.
        > > >
        > > > This gadget is working fine in general but there is a problem when I
        > > > try to run it in FireFox with a page domain that is different
        from the
        > > > domain from which the iframe is loaded. See examples ...
        > > > ... http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgets/widget.html is working fine
        > but
        > > > ... http://www.eeehop.com/widget.html is NOT functioning in FireFox.
        > > >
        > > > To make it even more complicated, if you have Firebug enabled and
        > > > active, the graphs on both pages are displayed without any problems!
        > > >
        > > > I found some info about a bug in the Flash plugin for FireFox
        > > > (http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-561)
        > > >
        > > > Can anyone please have a look at this?
        > > >
        > > > Thx,
        > > > Jef
        > > >

        > Hi,
        > Unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you yet. This will take
        > some time to pinpoint the cause of this issue.
        > Thanks,
        > Tripp

        Hi Tripp,
        Thx for looking into it. I'll try to do some debugging myself and I'll
        let you know if I find something.
        Rgds,
        Jef
      • tripp.bridges
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@...> wrote:

          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi,
          > > > I did not receive an answer on my question 24H after the first post.
          > > > Could someone please have a look at it. I really need to get things
          > > > published!
          > > > Thx

          > from the
          > > but
          FireFox.

          > > Hi,
          > > Unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you yet. This will take
          > > some time to pinpoint the cause of this issue.
          > > Thanks,
          > > Tripp
          > >
          > Hi Tripp,
          > Thx for looking into it. I'll try to do some debugging myself and I'll
          > let you know if I find something.
          > Rgds,
          > Jef

          Hi Jef,
          I have a hack that may serve as a temporary workaround. It will entail
          you editing and serving the charts-experimental.js file.

          In the YAHOO.widget.FlashAdapter method, (at line 360) you will find:

          this.createEvent("contentReady");

          Wrap it in a try/catch
          try
          {
          this.createEvent("contentReady");
          }
          catch(e){}

          This successfully traps the error and allows the chart to load in FF2
          in your scenario. Additionally, initial testing indicates that the
          contentReady event is created.

          I still need to drill down deeper into the source of the problem and I
          cannot guarantee that there are no adverse affects yet.

          I will post back when I know more.

          Thanks,
          Tripp
        • Jef
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@...> wrote:

            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@>
            wrote:

            (http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgetserver/stockquote.html)

            > when I
            > > from the
            > > > but
            > FireFox.

            > problems!

            > > > Hi,
            > > > Unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you yet. This will take
            > > > some time to pinpoint the cause of this issue.
            > > > Thanks,
            > > > Tripp
            > > >
            > > Hi Tripp,
            > > Thx for looking into it. I'll try to do some debugging myself and I'll
            > > let you know if I find something.
            > > Rgds,
            > > Jef
            > >
            > Hi Jef,
            > I have a hack that may serve as a temporary workaround. It will entail
            > you editing and serving the charts-experimental.js file.
            >
            > In the YAHOO.widget.FlashAdapter method, (at line 360) you will find:
            >

            > this.createEvent("contentReady");
            >
            > Wrap it in a try/catch
            > try
            > {
            > this.createEvent("contentReady");
            > }
            > catch(e){}
            >
            > This successfully traps the error and allows the chart to load in FF2
            > in your scenario. Additionally, initial testing indicates that the
            > contentReady event is created.
            >
            > I still need to drill down deeper into the source of the problem and I
            > cannot guarantee that there are no adverse affects yet.
            >
            > I will post back when I know more.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Tripp

            Hi Tripp,
            Thank you very much. This solution is perfect for me and I didn't
            encounter any adverse effects yet.
            Rgds,
            Jef