Re: Slider with different sensities

  • Lucas Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2008
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Dominik Stiefermann
      <domstie@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I would like to build a double-slider with unregular steps in
      the end.
      > The Slider should control a price range within a shop from 1 Euro to
      5000 Euro within a 200px slider.

      > The Slider should work with different sensibility depending on the
      price:

      > until 60 Euro 1 > 1 step (1,2,3,4,5,6,...)
      > until 250 Euro > 5 (60,65,70,75,80,...)
      > until 1000 > 25 ( 250,275,300,...)
      > until 5000 > 100 (1100, 1200, 1300, ...)
      >
      > Does anyone have an idea how to realize this?
      >

      > minValue : 1,
      > maxValue : 5000,
      > Thank you so much for your support!
      >
      > Dominik

      > Sie sind Spam leid? Yahoo! Mail verfügt über einen herausragenden
      Schutz gegen Massenmails.
      > http://mail.yahoo.com

      Slider and DualSlider values are pixel offsets. As you've seen in the
      examples, translating them into a "real" value is up to the
      implementation. In your case, you could augment the DualSlider
      instance with a method to translate the pixel offset into the
      appropriate value from 1-5000 based on your scaling rules, then add a
      getMinValue and getMaxValue that referenced this method with
      myDSlider.minVal and myDSlider.maxVal as input.

      Hope this helps,
      Luke