Re: [ydn-javascript] dispatcher, yui tabview, yui datatable

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
      The 2.5.x versions of DataTable don't render correctly in hidden
      containers. That should be fixed for 2.6.0.

      normanK wrote:
      > hello,
      >
      > i am using the YUI Tabview,with two tabs attached. The dataSrc of the first
      > tab is a page that creates a YUI datatable plus it includes the page that is
      > used as dataSrc for the second tab. That page also creates a datatable. The
      > first tab is set to active and both datatables are working fine.(using
      > YAHOO.plugin.Dispatcher.delegate () to make the scripts execute).Now when
      > switching to the second tab the datatable is not getting rendered for some
      > reason, despite the fact that it worked on the first tab. I disabled loading
      > the page for tab2 on tab 1 and when i switch tabs the datatable is rendered
      > on tab2. Any ideas for this behaviour? Sorry for not posting any source
      > code, i guess i am not allowed to.
      >
      > cheers
      > norman

    • Caridy Patino
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
        Hello norman:

        If you use this:

        YAHOO.util.onDOMReady(function(){
        // Render the datatable
        });

        It should work, because the dispatcher plugin wrap the loading
        process, setting the innerHTML and executing the scripts within the
        onSuccess method for the tabview control, and using the onDOMReady
        trick you will delay the render of the datatable at least 1ms, or you
        can use a timer trick as well:

        window.setTimeout (function(){
        // Render the datatable
        }, 1);

        Best Regards,
        Caridy Patino (caridy at yahoo-inc.com)
        Yahoo! LATAM

        > The 2.5.x versions of DataTable don't render correctly in hidden
        > containers. That should be fixed for 2.6.0.
        >
        > normanK wrote:
        > > hello,
        > >
        > > i am using the YUI Tabview,with two tabs attached. The dataSrc of
        the first
        > > tab is a page that creates a YUI datatable plus it includes the
        page that is
        > > used as dataSrc for the second tab. That page also creates a
        datatable. The
        > > first tab is set to active and both datatables are working fine.(using
        > > YAHOO.plugin.Dispatcher.delegate () to make the scripts
        execute).Now when
        > > switching to the second tab the datatable is not getting rendered
        for some
        > > reason, despite the fact that it worked on the first tab. I
        disabled loading
        > > the page for tab2 on tab 1 and when i switch tabs the datatable is
        rendered
        > > on tab2. Any ideas for this behaviour? Sorry for not posting any
        source
        > > code, i guess i am not allowed to.
        > >
        > > cheers
        > > norman

        01/09/2008 7:19

      • normanK
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
          Thanks for the suggestions, once I am at work tomorrow I will try it and let
          you guys know.

          norman

          Caridy Patino wrote:

          > Hello norman:
          >
          > If you use this:
          >
          > YAHOO.util.onDOMReady(function(){
          > // Render the datatable
          > });
          >
          > It should work, because the dispatcher plugin wrap the loading
          > process, setting the innerHTML and executing the scripts within the
          > onSuccess method for the tabview control, and using the onDOMReady
          > trick you will delay the render of the datatable at least 1ms, or you
          > can use a timer trick as well:
          >
          > window.setTimeout (function(){
          > // Render the datatable
          > }, 1);
          >
          > Best Regards,
          > Caridy Patino (caridy at yahoo-inc.com)
          > Yahoo! LATAM

          >> The 2.5.x versions of DataTable don't render correctly in hidden
          >> containers. That should be fixed for 2.6.0.
          >>
          >> normanK wrote:
          >> > hello,
          >> >
          >> > i am using the YUI Tabview,with two tabs attached. The dataSrc of
          > the first
          >> > tab is a page that creates a YUI datatable plus it includes the
          > page that is
          >> > used as dataSrc for the second tab. That page also creates a
          > datatable. The
          >> > first tab is set to active and both datatables are working fine.(using
          >> > YAHOO.plugin.Dispatcher.delegate () to make the scripts
          > execute).Now when
          >> > switching to the second tab the datatable is not getting rendered
          > for some
          >> > reason, despite the fact that it worked on the first tab. I
          > disabled loading
          >> > the page for tab2 on tab 1 and when i switch tabs the datatable is
          > rendered
          >> > on tab2. Any ideas for this behaviour? Sorry for not posting any
          > source
          >> > code, i guess i am not allowed to.
          >> >
          >> > cheers
          >> > norman

          > 01/09/2008 7:19

        • normanK
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
            I now figured out what the problem was. Since I am using the template that is
            used as dataSrc for the second tab on the first tab as an included page, the
            content got rendered into the first yui-dispatchable container into a subdiv
            with its own div id[which comes from my own code]. Now on tab switch the
            second page rendered into this very same container but the above
            yui-dispatchable container is set to display none.So all i do now is remove
            the html from the first yui-dispatchable container on tabswitch event and it
            works.

            thanks you guys for help and suggestions anyways :)

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 8, 2009
              Hai.. I have same problems..
              can you show me how your structure HTML ?