[ydn-javascript] dispatcher, yui tabview, yui datatable

  • normanK
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
      hello,

      i am using the YUI Tabview,with two tabs attached. The dataSrc of the first
      tab is a page that creates a YUI datatable plus it includes the page that is
      used as dataSrc for the second tab. That page also creates a datatable. The
      first tab is set to active and both datatables are working fine.(using
      YAHOO.plugin.Dispatcher.delegate () to make the scripts execute).Now when
      switching to the second tab the datatable is not getting rendered for some
      reason, despite the fact that it worked on the first tab. I disabled loading
      the page for tab2 on tab 1 and when i switch tabs the datatable is rendered
      on tab2. Any ideas for this behaviour? Sorry for not posting any source
      code, i guess i am not allowed to.

      cheers
      norman
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
        The 2.5.x versions of DataTable don't render correctly in hidden
        containers. That should be fixed for 2.6.0.

        normanK wrote:
        > hello,
        >
        > i am using the YUI Tabview,with two tabs attached. The dataSrc of the first
        > tab is a page that creates a YUI datatable plus it includes the page that is
        > used as dataSrc for the second tab. That page also creates a datatable. The
        > first tab is set to active and both datatables are working fine.(using
        > YAHOO.plugin.Dispatcher.delegate () to make the scripts execute).Now when
        > switching to the second tab the datatable is not getting rendered for some
        > reason, despite the fact that it worked on the first tab. I disabled loading
        > the page for tab2 on tab 1 and when i switch tabs the datatable is rendered
        > on tab2. Any ideas for this behaviour? Sorry for not posting any source
        > code, i guess i am not allowed to.
        >
        > cheers
        > norman

      • Caridy Patino
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
          Hello norman:

          If you use this:

          YAHOO.util.onDOMReady(function(){
          // Render the datatable
          });

          It should work, because the dispatcher plugin wrap the loading
          process, setting the innerHTML and executing the scripts within the
          onSuccess method for the tabview control, and using the onDOMReady
          trick you will delay the render of the datatable at least 1ms, or you
          can use a timer trick as well:

          window.setTimeout (function(){
          // Render the datatable
          }, 1);

          Best Regards,
          Caridy Patino (caridy at yahoo-inc.com)
          Yahoo! LATAM

          > The 2.5.x versions of DataTable don't render correctly in hidden
          > containers. That should be fixed for 2.6.0.
          >
          > normanK wrote:
          > > hello,
          > >
          > > i am using the YUI Tabview,with two tabs attached. The dataSrc of
          the first
          > > tab is a page that creates a YUI datatable plus it includes the
          page that is
          > > used as dataSrc for the second tab. That page also creates a
          datatable. The
          > > first tab is set to active and both datatables are working fine.(using
          > > YAHOO.plugin.Dispatcher.delegate () to make the scripts
          execute).Now when
          > > switching to the second tab the datatable is not getting rendered
          for some
          > > reason, despite the fact that it worked on the first tab. I
          disabled loading
          > > the page for tab2 on tab 1 and when i switch tabs the datatable is
          rendered
          > > on tab2. Any ideas for this behaviour? Sorry for not posting any
          source
          > > code, i guess i am not allowed to.
          > >
          > > cheers
          > > norman

          01/09/2008 7:19

        • normanK
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
            Thanks for the suggestions, once I am at work tomorrow I will try it and let
            you guys know.

            norman

            Caridy Patino wrote:

            > Hello norman:
            >
            > If you use this:
            >
            > YAHOO.util.onDOMReady(function(){
            > // Render the datatable
            > });
            >
            > It should work, because the dispatcher plugin wrap the loading
            > process, setting the innerHTML and executing the scripts within the
            > onSuccess method for the tabview control, and using the onDOMReady
            > trick you will delay the render of the datatable at least 1ms, or you
            > can use a timer trick as well:
            >
            > window.setTimeout (function(){
            > // Render the datatable
            > }, 1);
            >
            > Best Regards,
            > Caridy Patino (caridy at yahoo-inc.com)
            > Yahoo! LATAM

            >> The 2.5.x versions of DataTable don't render correctly in hidden
            >> containers. That should be fixed for 2.6.0.
            >>
            >> normanK wrote:
            >> > hello,
            >> >
            >> > i am using the YUI Tabview,with two tabs attached. The dataSrc of
            > the first
            >> > tab is a page that creates a YUI datatable plus it includes the
            > page that is
            >> > used as dataSrc for the second tab. That page also creates a
            > datatable. The
            >> > first tab is set to active and both datatables are working fine.(using
            >> > YAHOO.plugin.Dispatcher.delegate () to make the scripts
            > execute).Now when
            >> > switching to the second tab the datatable is not getting rendered
            > for some
            >> > reason, despite the fact that it worked on the first tab. I
            > disabled loading
            >> > the page for tab2 on tab 1 and when i switch tabs the datatable is
            > rendered
            >> > on tab2. Any ideas for this behaviour? Sorry for not posting any
            > source
            >> > code, i guess i am not allowed to.
            >> >
            >> > cheers
            >> > norman

            > 01/09/2008 7:19

          • normanK
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
              I now figured out what the problem was. Since I am using the template that is
              used as dataSrc for the second tab on the first tab as an included page, the
              content got rendered into the first yui-dispatchable container into a subdiv
              with its own div id[which comes from my own code]. Now on tab switch the
              second page rendered into this very same container but the above
              yui-dispatchable container is set to display none.So all i do now is remove
              the html from the first yui-dispatchable container on tabswitch event and it
              works.

              thanks you guys for help and suggestions anyways :)

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 8, 2009
                Hai.. I have same problems..
                can you show me how your structure HTML ?