Re: charts.swf in iFrames

  • Jef
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
      I did not receive an answer on my question 24H after the first post.
      Could someone please have a look at it. I really need to get things
      published!
      Thx

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > While developing a Google gadget, I ran into this problem ...
      > On this (http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgetserver/stockquote.html)
      > page, I created a linegraph without any problems. The purpose of
      > this page is to be shown in an iframe that will be loaded from an
      > online gadget.
      >
      > This gadget is working fine in general but there is a problem when I
      > try to run it in FireFox with a page domain that is different from the
      > domain from which the iframe is loaded. See examples ...
      > ... http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgets/widget.html is working fine but
      > ... http://www.eeehop.com/widget.html is NOT functioning in FireFox.
      >
      > To make it even more complicated, if you have Firebug enabled and
      > active, the graphs on both pages are displayed without any problems!
      >
      > I found some info about a bug in the Flash plugin for FireFox
      > (http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-561)
      >
      > Can anyone please have a look at this?
      >
      > Thx,
      > Jef

    • tripp.bridges
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I did not receive an answer on my question 24H after the first post.
        > Could someone please have a look at it. I really need to get things
        > published!
        > Thx
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > > While developing a Google gadget, I ran into this problem ...
        > > On this (http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgetserver/stockquote.html)
        > > page, I created a linegraph without any problems. The purpose of
        > > this page is to be shown in an iframe that will be loaded from an
        > > online gadget.
        > >
        > > This gadget is working fine in general but there is a problem when I
        > > try to run it in FireFox with a page domain that is different from the
        > > domain from which the iframe is loaded. See examples ...
        > > ... http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgets/widget.html is working fine
        but
        > > ... http://www.eeehop.com/widget.html is NOT functioning in FireFox.
        > >
        > > To make it even more complicated, if you have Firebug enabled and
        > > active, the graphs on both pages are displayed without any problems!
        > >
        > > I found some info about a bug in the Flash plugin for FireFox
        > > (http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-561)
        > >
        > > Can anyone please have a look at this?
        > >
        > > Thx,
        > > Jef

        Hi,
        Unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you yet. This will take
        some time to pinpoint the cause of this issue.
        Thanks,
        Tripp
      • Jef
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@...> wrote:

          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > > I did not receive an answer on my question 24H after the first post.
          > > Could someone please have a look at it. I really need to get things
          > > published!
          > > Thx
          > >
          > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi,
          > > > While developing a Google gadget, I ran into this problem ...
          > > > On this (http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgetserver/stockquote.html)
          > > > page, I created a linegraph without any problems. The purpose of
          > > > this page is to be shown in an iframe that will be loaded from an
          > > > online gadget.
          > > >
          > > > This gadget is working fine in general but there is a problem when I
          > > > try to run it in FireFox with a page domain that is different
          from the
          > > > domain from which the iframe is loaded. See examples ...
          > > > ... http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgets/widget.html is working fine
          > but
          > > > ... http://www.eeehop.com/widget.html is NOT functioning in FireFox.
          > > >
          > > > To make it even more complicated, if you have Firebug enabled and
          > > > active, the graphs on both pages are displayed without any problems!
          > > >
          > > > I found some info about a bug in the Flash plugin for FireFox
          > > > (http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-561)
          > > >
          > > > Can anyone please have a look at this?
          > > >
          > > > Thx,
          > > > Jef
          > > >

          > Hi,
          > Unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you yet. This will take
          > some time to pinpoint the cause of this issue.
          > Thanks,
          > Tripp

          Hi Tripp,
          Thx for looking into it. I'll try to do some debugging myself and I'll
          let you know if I find something.
          Rgds,
          Jef
        • tripp.bridges
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@...> wrote:

            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi,
            > > > I did not receive an answer on my question 24H after the first post.
            > > > Could someone please have a look at it. I really need to get things
            > > > published!
            > > > Thx

            > from the
            > > but
            FireFox.

            > > Hi,
            > > Unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you yet. This will take
            > > some time to pinpoint the cause of this issue.
            > > Thanks,
            > > Tripp
            > >
            > Hi Tripp,
            > Thx for looking into it. I'll try to do some debugging myself and I'll
            > let you know if I find something.
            > Rgds,
            > Jef

            Hi Jef,
            I have a hack that may serve as a temporary workaround. It will entail
            you editing and serving the charts-experimental.js file.

            In the YAHOO.widget.FlashAdapter method, (at line 360) you will find:

            this.createEvent("contentReady");

            Wrap it in a try/catch
            try
            {
            this.createEvent("contentReady");
            }
            catch(e){}

            This successfully traps the error and allows the chart to load in FF2
            in your scenario. Additionally, initial testing indicates that the
            contentReady event is created.

            I still need to drill down deeper into the source of the problem and I
            cannot guarantee that there are no adverse affects yet.

            I will post back when I know more.

            Thanks,
            Tripp
          • Jef
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@...> wrote:

              > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@>
              wrote:

              (http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgetserver/stockquote.html)

              > when I
              > > from the
              > > > but
              > FireFox.

              > problems!

              > > > Hi,
              > > > Unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you yet. This will take
              > > > some time to pinpoint the cause of this issue.
              > > > Thanks,
              > > > Tripp
              > > >
              > > Hi Tripp,
              > > Thx for looking into it. I'll try to do some debugging myself and I'll
              > > let you know if I find something.
              > > Rgds,
              > > Jef
              > >
              > Hi Jef,
              > I have a hack that may serve as a temporary workaround. It will entail
              > you editing and serving the charts-experimental.js file.
              >
              > In the YAHOO.widget.FlashAdapter method, (at line 360) you will find:
              >

              > this.createEvent("contentReady");
              >
              > Wrap it in a try/catch
              > try
              > {
              > this.createEvent("contentReady");
              > }
              > catch(e){}
              >
              > This successfully traps the error and allows the chart to load in FF2
              > in your scenario. Additionally, initial testing indicates that the
              > contentReady event is created.
              >
              > I still need to drill down deeper into the source of the problem and I
              > cannot guarantee that there are no adverse affects yet.
              >
              > I will post back when I know more.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Tripp

              Hi Tripp,
              Thank you very much. This solution is perfect for me and I didn't
              encounter any adverse effects yet.
              Rgds,
              Jef