Iframe Memory Leak Help!

  • mikeni1225
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2008
      This topic may be covered already but,

      how do you free up the memory used by iframe? I have been dynamically
      creating iframes and loading scripts inside them. However when I
      remove the iframe off the DOM of parent, the browser memory does not
      go down.

      I know one thing you can do is remove listeners of the content inside
      the iframe but what about the other memory used?

      I tried using purgeElement on the contentDocument.body of the iframe
      but it doesn't help.

      I'm using sieve and windows task manager to monitor the memory.

      Mike