Re: How do you use parseXMLData? There are no examples!

  • Josh Lizarraga
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2008
      Thank you for your response, but now I have the same problem with
      sendRequest - I don't know what oResponse is supposed to be in my
      case. I understand what oCallback is/does.

      In the example, oResponse is used to narrow down the results to only
      greyhounds:

      myDataSource.sendRequest("breed=Greyhound", oCallback);

      I just want all the results!

      Thanks again for any responses!
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2008
        Josh Lizarraga wrote:
        > Thank you for your response, but now I have the same problem with
        > sendRequest - I don't know what oResponse is supposed to be in my
        > case. I understand what oCallback is/does.

        The oResponse of the code box is called oParsedResponse in the
        paragraphs just above.
        > In the example, oResponse is used to narrow down the results to only
        > greyhounds:
        >
        > myDataSource.sendRequest("breed=Greyhound", oCallback);

        The first argument can be an empty string, which will be appended to the
        base URL, leaving it unchanged.