charts.swf in iFrames

  • Jef
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1 4:50 AM
      While developing a Google gadget, I ran into this problem ...
      On this (http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgetserver/stockquote.html)
      page, I created a linegraph without any problems. The purpose of
      this page is to be shown in an iframe that will be loaded from an
      online gadget.

      This gadget is working fine in general but there is a problem when I
      try to run it in FireFox with a page domain that is different from the
      domain from which the iframe is loaded. See examples ...
      ... http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgets/widget.html is working fine but
      ... http://www.eeehop.com/widget.html is NOT functioning in FireFox.

      To make it even more complicated, if you have Firebug enabled and
      active, the graphs on both pages are displayed without any problems!

      I found some info about a bug in the Flash plugin for FireFox
      (http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-561)

      Can anyone please have a look at this?

      Thx,
      Jef
    • Jef
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2 12:34 AM
        I did not receive an answer on my question 24H after the first post.
        Could someone please have a look at it. I really need to get things
        published!
        Thx

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > While developing a Google gadget, I ran into this problem ...
        > On this (http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgetserver/stockquote.html)
        > page, I created a linegraph without any problems. The purpose of
        > this page is to be shown in an iframe that will be loaded from an
        > online gadget.
        >
        > This gadget is working fine in general but there is a problem when I
        > try to run it in FireFox with a page domain that is different from the
        > domain from which the iframe is loaded. See examples ...
        > ... http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgets/widget.html is working fine but
        > ... http://www.eeehop.com/widget.html is NOT functioning in FireFox.
        >
        > To make it even more complicated, if you have Firebug enabled and
        > active, the graphs on both pages are displayed without any problems!
        >
        > I found some info about a bug in the Flash plugin for FireFox
        > (http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-561)
        >
        > Can anyone please have a look at this?
        >
        > Thx,
        > Jef

      • tripp.bridges
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2 8:56 AM
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > I did not receive an answer on my question 24H after the first post.
          > Could someone please have a look at it. I really need to get things
          > published!
          > Thx
          >
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > > While developing a Google gadget, I ran into this problem ...
          > > On this (http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgetserver/stockquote.html)
          > > page, I created a linegraph without any problems. The purpose of
          > > this page is to be shown in an iframe that will be loaded from an
          > > online gadget.
          > >
          > > This gadget is working fine in general but there is a problem when I
          > > try to run it in FireFox with a page domain that is different from the
          > > domain from which the iframe is loaded. See examples ...
          > > ... http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgets/widget.html is working fine
          but
          > > ... http://www.eeehop.com/widget.html is NOT functioning in FireFox.
          > >
          > > To make it even more complicated, if you have Firebug enabled and
          > > active, the graphs on both pages are displayed without any problems!
          > >
          > > I found some info about a bug in the Flash plugin for FireFox
          > > (http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-561)
          > >
          > > Can anyone please have a look at this?
          > >
          > > Thx,
          > > Jef

          Hi,
          Unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you yet. This will take
          some time to pinpoint the cause of this issue.
          Thanks,
          Tripp
        • Jef
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2 12:30 PM
            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@...> wrote:

            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > > I did not receive an answer on my question 24H after the first post.
            > > Could someone please have a look at it. I really need to get things
            > > published!
            > > Thx
            > >
            > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi,
            > > > While developing a Google gadget, I ran into this problem ...
            > > > On this (http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgetserver/stockquote.html)
            > > > page, I created a linegraph without any problems. The purpose of
            > > > this page is to be shown in an iframe that will be loaded from an
            > > > online gadget.
            > > >
            > > > This gadget is working fine in general but there is a problem when I
            > > > try to run it in FireFox with a page domain that is different
            from the
            > > > domain from which the iframe is loaded. See examples ...
            > > > ... http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgets/widget.html is working fine
            > but
            > > > ... http://www.eeehop.com/widget.html is NOT functioning in FireFox.
            > > >
            > > > To make it even more complicated, if you have Firebug enabled and
            > > > active, the graphs on both pages are displayed without any problems!
            > > >
            > > > I found some info about a bug in the Flash plugin for FireFox
            > > > (http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-561)
            > > >
            > > > Can anyone please have a look at this?
            > > >
            > > > Thx,
            > > > Jef
            > > >

            > Hi,
            > Unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you yet. This will take
            > some time to pinpoint the cause of this issue.
            > Thanks,
            > Tripp

            Hi Tripp,
            Thx for looking into it. I'll try to do some debugging myself and I'll
            let you know if I find something.
            Rgds,
            Jef
          • tripp.bridges
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2 3:38 PM
              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@...> wrote:

              > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi,
              > > > I did not receive an answer on my question 24H after the first post.
              > > > Could someone please have a look at it. I really need to get things
              > > > published!
              > > > Thx

              > from the
              > > but
              FireFox.

              > > Hi,
              > > Unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you yet. This will take
              > > some time to pinpoint the cause of this issue.
              > > Thanks,
              > > Tripp
              > >
              > Hi Tripp,
              > Thx for looking into it. I'll try to do some debugging myself and I'll
              > let you know if I find something.
              > Rgds,
              > Jef

              Hi Jef,
              I have a hack that may serve as a temporary workaround. It will entail
              you editing and serving the charts-experimental.js file.

              In the YAHOO.widget.FlashAdapter method, (at line 360) you will find:

              this.createEvent("contentReady");

              Wrap it in a try/catch
              try
              {
              this.createEvent("contentReady");
              }
              catch(e){}

              This successfully traps the error and allows the chart to load in FF2
              in your scenario. Additionally, initial testing indicates that the
              contentReady event is created.

              I still need to drill down deeper into the source of the problem and I
              cannot guarantee that there are no adverse affects yet.

              I will post back when I know more.

              Thanks,
              Tripp
            • Jef
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 3 8:00 AM
                --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@...> wrote:

                > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jef" <jef.waumans@> wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@>
                wrote:

                (http://www.virtualsushi.be/widgetserver/stockquote.html)

                > when I
                > > from the
                > > > but
                > FireFox.

                > problems!

                > > > Hi,
                > > > Unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you yet. This will take
                > > > some time to pinpoint the cause of this issue.
                > > > Thanks,
                > > > Tripp
                > > >
                > > Hi Tripp,
                > > Thx for looking into it. I'll try to do some debugging myself and I'll
                > > let you know if I find something.
                > > Rgds,
                > > Jef
                > >
                > Hi Jef,
                > I have a hack that may serve as a temporary workaround. It will entail
                > you editing and serving the charts-experimental.js file.
                >
                > In the YAHOO.widget.FlashAdapter method, (at line 360) you will find:
                >

                > this.createEvent("contentReady");
                >
                > Wrap it in a try/catch
                > try
                > {
                > this.createEvent("contentReady");
                > }
                > catch(e){}
                >
                > This successfully traps the error and allows the chart to load in FF2
                > in your scenario. Additionally, initial testing indicates that the
                > contentReady event is created.
                >
                > I still need to drill down deeper into the source of the problem and I
                > cannot guarantee that there are no adverse affects yet.
                >
                > I will post back when I know more.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Tripp

                Hi Tripp,
                Thank you very much. This solution is perfect for me and I didn't
                encounter any adverse effects yet.
                Rgds,
                Jef