this.initializetable is not a function!

  • Mike Woods
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hi guys, im working on a page with two datatables, on double clicking
      a row in the first (donTable) I'm trying to get it to update the
      second (recTable) using the function below (the event fires fine), it
      makes the request however it dies on "this.initializetable is not a
      function"

      function domLoad(oArgs){
      this.unselectAllRows();
      this.selectRow(this.getRecord(oArgs.target));

      var oCallback = {
      success : recTable.zoneDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable,
      failure : recTable.zoneDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable,
      scope: recTable
      };

      recTable.zoneDataSource.sendRequest("z=geofront.co.uk", oCallback);

      };

      Any help will be greatly appreciated!

      ------------------------------
      Mike Woods
      Systems Administrator
    • Frank Dietrich
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
        sounds like a scope problem.

        You're setting the callback's scope to recTable. the actual
        table seems to be recTable.zoneDataTable.
        I assume there is a "this.initializetable" call in the onDataReturnInitalizeTable
        whitch fails as "this" is recTable and not recTable.zoneDataTable.

        You're not providing much information, but I guess it's something like that.

        Did you try to set a breakpoint in firefox and explore what "this" is?

        >Hi guys, im working on a page with two datatables, on double clicking
        >a row in the first (donTable) I'm trying to get it to update the
        >second (recTable) using the function below (the event fires fine), it
        >makes the request however it dies on "this.initializetable is not a
        >function"
        >
        >function domLoad(oArgs){
        > this.unselectAllRows();
        > this.selectRow(this.getRecord(oArgs.target));
        >
        > var oCallback = {
        > success : recTable.zoneDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable,
        > failure : recTable.zoneDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable,
        > scope: recTable
        > };
        >
        > recTable.zoneDataSource.sendRequest("z=geofront.co.uk", oCallback);
        >
        >};
        >
        >Any help will be greatly appreciated!
        >
        >------------------------------
        >Mike Woods
        >Systems Administrator

      • Mike Woods
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Dietrich"
          <fdietrich@...> wrote:

          > sounds like a scope problem.
          >
          > You're setting the callback's scope to recTable. the actual
          > table seems to be recTable.zoneDataTable.
          > I assume there is a "this.initializetable" call in the
          > onDataReturnInitalizeTable whitch fails as "this" is recTable and
          not > recTable.zoneDataTable.

          > You're not providing much information, but I guess it's something
          like > that.

          And you where exactly right! :p