Re: [ydn-javascript] yui web frame work

  • Frank Dietrich
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 31, 2008
      nice work. Thanks for sharing

      *********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

      On 30.08.08 at 20:55 birarai wrote:

      >I created this yui web application for a project of mine. I made it
      >generic so other developers might find it useful for there own projects.
      >
      >Take a look at
      >http://cakeyui.prompttechnology.com/
      >
      >you can download the code at
      >http://code.google.com/p/cakeyui/
      >
      >Cheers,
      >
      >BiraRai

    • gpaslanis
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 31, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "birarai" <email@...> wrote:

        > I created this yui web application for a project of mine. I made it
        > generic so other developers might find it useful for there own
        projects.

        > Take a look at
        > http://cakeyui.prompttechnology.com/
        >
        > you can download the code at
        > http://code.google.com/p/cakeyui/
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > BiraRai

        Hi BiraRai, Example looks good. However, I think you are duplicating
        3 script files (yahoo,element,container) which maybe why its running
        a little slow. The yuiloader example will list rollups, dependants,
        and proper loading order if that helps.
        src="<YUI base build>/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js">
        src="<YUI base build>/element/element-beta.js">
        src="<YUI base build>/element/element-beta-min.js">
        src="<YUI base build>/layout/layout-beta-min.js">
        src="<YUI base build>/utilities/utilities.js">
        src="<YUI base build>/tabview/tabview.js">
        src="<YUI base build>/container/container_core.js">
        src="<YUI base build>/container/container.js">
        src="<YUI base build>/menu/menu.js">
        src="<YUI base build>/button/button-min.js">
        src="<YUI base build>/cookie/cookie-beta-min.js">
        src="<YUI base build>/yahoo/yahoo-min.js" >
        src="<YUI base build>/calendar/calendar-min.js">
      • Eric Miraglia
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
          BiraRai,

          gpaslanis is right -- there are a lot of duplicated scripts, which is affecting performance.  Most of this is due to utilites.js, which includes the majority of the utilities.

          Just glancing at your code, you can probably bake your YUI JS files down to a single HTTP request:

          Thanks for sharing!

          Regards,
          Eric

          On Aug 31, 2008, at 8:38 AM, gpaslanis wrote:

          --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, "birarai" <email@...> wrote:

          > I created this yui web application for a project of mine. I made it
          > generic so other developers might find it useful for there own
          projects.

          > Take a look at
          > http://cakeyui. prompttechnology .com/
          >
          > you can download the code at
          > http://code. google.com/ p/cakeyui/
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > BiraRai

          Hi BiraRai, Example looks good. However, I think you are duplicating
          3 script files (yahoo,element, container) which maybe why its running
          a little slow. The yuiloader example will list rollups, dependants,
          and proper loading order if that helps.
          src="<YUI base build>/yahoo- dom-event/ yahoo-dom- event.js" >
          src="<YUI base build>/element/ element-beta. js">
          src="<YUI base build>/element/ element-beta- min.js">
          src="<YUI base build>/layout/ layout-beta- min.js">
          src="<YUI base build>/utilities/ utilities. js">
          src="<YUI base build>/tabview/ tabview.js" >
          src="<YUI base build>/container/ container_ core.js">
          src="<YUI base build>/container/ container. js">
          src="<YUI base build>/menu/ menu.js">
          src="<YUI base build>/button/ button-min. js">
          src="<YUI base build>/cookie/ cookie-beta- min.js">
          src="<YUI base build>/yahoo/ yahoo-min. js" >
          src="<YUI base build>/calendar/ calendar- min.js">

        • birarai
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 2, 2008
            thanks for the info, i've updated based on your suggestions.

            Cheers,

            BiraRai

            src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/combo?2.5.2/build/utilities/utilities.js&2.5.2/build/container/container-min.js&2.5.2/build/menu/menu-min.js&2.5.2/build/button/button-min.js&2.5.2/build/calendar/calendar-min.js&2.5.2/build/cookie/cookie-beta-min.js&2.5.2/build/layout/layout-beta-min.js&2.5.2/build/tabview/tabview-min.js

            > "></script>
            >
            > Thanks for sharing!
            >
            > Regards,
            > Eric
            >
            > On Aug 31, 2008, at 8:38 AM, gpaslanis wrote:
            >
            > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "birarai" <email@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I created this yui web application for a project of mine. I made it
            > > > generic so other developers might find it useful for there own
            > > projects.
            > > >
            > > > Take a look at
            > > > http://cakeyui.prompttechnology.com/
            > > >
            > > > you can download the code at
            > > > http://code.google.com/p/cakeyui/
            > > >
            > > > Cheers,
            > > >
            > > > BiraRai
            > > >
            > > Hi BiraRai, Example looks good. However, I think you are duplicating
            > > 3 script files (yahoo,element,container) which maybe why its running
            > > a little slow. The yuiloader example will list rollups, dependants,
            > > and proper loading order if that helps.
            > > src="<YUI base build>/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js">
            > > src="<YUI base build>/element/element-beta.js">
            > > src="<YUI base build>/element/element-beta-min.js">
            > > src="<YUI base build>/layout/layout-beta-min.js">
            > > src="<YUI base build>/utilities/utilities.js">
            > > src="<YUI base build>/tabview/tabview.js">
            > > src="<YUI base build>/container/container_core.js">
            > > src="<YUI base build>/container/container.js">
            > > src="<YUI base build>/menu/menu.js">
            > > src="<YUI base build>/button/button-min.js">
            > > src="<YUI base build>/cookie/cookie-beta-min.js">
            > > src="<YUI base build>/yahoo/yahoo-min.js" >
            > > src="<YUI base build>/calendar/calendar-min.js">

            thanks for the info guys, i've updated based on your suggestions.

            Cheers,

            BiraRai
          • Paolo Nesti Poggi
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 3, 2008
              Hi BiraRai

              I've set up a page with your cakeYUI and the SliderWindow to show how well it works together with it.
              http://www.eaktion.com/cakeyui/app/views/

              The SliderWindow is  a ready-made messaging window: just include it and one more of the needed tasks of the webapplication developer is solved.
              It seems to me it is well in line with your framework's underlining idea.

              Cheers, Paolo

              YAHOO.namespace.sliderwindow

              You can see it at:

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 3, 2008
                I will be incorporating your window slider into the 1.1 version of
                cakeYUI.

                Cheers,

                BiraRai
              • Paolo Nesti Poggi
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 4, 2008
                  Great!
                  Please, from time to time do follow what we are doing at the window,
                  the next release will have user drag-resizing. You can expect something in a month or so.

                  Further we are working on extending it as a corporate/workgroup jabber client.
                  (hush, this is still a secret ;)

                  /Paolo

                  http://www.eaktion.com/sliderwindow/

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 4, 2008
                    you might want to increase the delay on the 'publish' action in the
                    sendMessage function

                    BiraRai