Re: [ydn-javascript] loop image scrolling

  • Frank Dietrich
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2008
      Takuan,

      >I build an horizontal
      scrolling for images with YAHOO.util.Scroll. It
      >works find but i want the
      animation loop and scroll img #1, img#2,
      >img#3, img#1, img#2,
      etc.

      >Any idea ?

      Yes, You'll need three  <div>s for the current, previous and next image (page#1, page#2, page#3)
      Around these, You have another div (pages). That is the one You actually animate.
      Finally You'll need a "window", that Your visitors look through; a div with overflow:hidden

      now You can animate "pages" and in the onComplete() event prepare for the next animation; i.e. either
      move one of the outer divs to the other side or add a new one.

      It's like in a theater where the effect of a marching regiment is created by the actors running back to the
      start point behind the stage.

      I have used this in a calendar like application.

      I clear the divs that go out of sight in order to save memory but that probably would not be necessary.

      In your case You would probably have an array of ImageLinks holding the current index and making it restart
      from either end when falling over the outer egdes.

      You can see it here:

      login with 1000 and no password and go to the tab "Gleitbogen".
      Due to the heavy tables, the effect became poor but with less content it runs very smooth

      You also might like to have a look at this lightbox. I don't know if it supports infinite looping
      but it looks nice:

      Hope that helps

      Frank

      www.dd-tech.de    -    www.personalplanung.com     -    www.kulturbox.de
    • Frank Dietrich
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2008

        You can see it here:

        login with 1000 and no password and go to the tab "Gleitbogen".
        Due to the heavy tables, the effect became poor but with less content it runs very smooth

        sorry. the link is