using JS inside of panel

  • stevepi@stevepi.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2008
      Hi-
      I've got an IE specific issue with panel and was wondering if someone
      could shed some light on it...

      We are using panel to show extra images of a particular item. There
      can be several images to show, so we have a slider with thumbnails and
      previous and next arrows as only 4 can be shown at any time. We are
      using other parts of YUI to provide for the animation and image
      swapping inside of the panel. This means that there is JS in the panel
      itself. Everything executes properly in FireFox, but not in any
      version of IE or Safari. No JS in any panel will execute. The JS in
      question functions perfectly well in the page itself, but never in the
      panel.

      I'm suspecting that this something IE does by design because it seems
      to prevent any JS from executing in the panel's context. Is this a
      known issue? Is there anyway to work around this?

      Thanks,
      <stevepi>