yui web frame work

  • birarai
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 30 1:55 PM
      I created this yui web application for a project of mine. I made it
      generic so other developers might find it useful for there own projects.

      Take a look at
      http://cakeyui.prompttechnology.com/

      you can download the code at
      http://code.google.com/p/cakeyui/

      Cheers,

      BiraRai
    • jerry_gagliano
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 30 2:32 PM
        Cool me too i have something similar in layout wise but right now I am
        just having problems skinning the way i want.

        Looks good though
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "birarai" <email@...> wrote:

        > I created this yui web application for a project of mine. I made it
        > generic so other developers might find it useful for there own projects.
        >
        > Take a look at
        > http://cakeyui.prompttechnology.com/
        >
        > you can download the code at
        > http://code.google.com/p/cakeyui/
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > BiraRai

      • Frank Dietrich
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 31 3:01 AM
          nice work. Thanks for sharing

          >I created this yui web application for a project of mine. I made it
          >generic so other developers might find it useful for there own projects.
          >
          >Take a look at
          >http://cakeyui.prompttechnology.com/
          >
          >you can download the code at
          >http://code.google.com/p/cakeyui/
          >
          >Cheers,
          >
          >BiraRai

        • gpaslanis
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 31 8:38 AM
            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "birarai" <email@...> wrote:

            > I created this yui web application for a project of mine. I made it
            > generic so other developers might find it useful for there own
            projects.

            > Take a look at
            > http://cakeyui.prompttechnology.com/
            >
            > you can download the code at
            > http://code.google.com/p/cakeyui/
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > BiraRai

            Hi BiraRai, Example looks good. However, I think you are duplicating
            3 script files (yahoo,element,container) which maybe why its running
            a little slow. The yuiloader example will list rollups, dependants,
            and proper loading order if that helps.
            src="<YUI base build>/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js">
            src="<YUI base build>/element/element-beta.js">
            src="<YUI base build>/element/element-beta-min.js">
            src="<YUI base build>/layout/layout-beta-min.js">
            src="<YUI base build>/utilities/utilities.js">
            src="<YUI base build>/tabview/tabview.js">
            src="<YUI base build>/container/container_core.js">
            src="<YUI base build>/container/container.js">
            src="<YUI base build>/menu/menu.js">
            src="<YUI base build>/button/button-min.js">
            src="<YUI base build>/cookie/cookie-beta-min.js">
            src="<YUI base build>/yahoo/yahoo-min.js" >
            src="<YUI base build>/calendar/calendar-min.js">
          • Eric Miraglia
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
              BiraRai,

              gpaslanis is right -- there are a lot of duplicated scripts, which is affecting performance.  Most of this is due to utilites.js, which includes the majority of the utilities.

              Just glancing at your code, you can probably bake your YUI JS files down to a single HTTP request:

              Thanks for sharing!

              Regards,
              Eric

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 2, 2008
                thanks for the info, i've updated based on your suggestions.

                Cheers,

                BiraRai

                src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/combo?2.5.2/build/utilities/utilities.js&2.5.2/build/container/container-min.js&2.5.2/build/menu/menu-min.js&2.5.2/build/button/button-min.js&2.5.2/build/calendar/calendar-min.js&2.5.2/build/cookie/cookie-beta-min.js&2.5.2/build/layout/layout-beta-min.js&2.5.2/build/tabview/tabview-min.js

                > "></script>
                >
                > Thanks for sharing!
                >
                > Regards,
                > Eric
                >
                > On Aug 31, 2008, at 8:38 AM, gpaslanis wrote:
                >
                > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "birarai" <email@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I created this yui web application for a project of mine. I made it
                > > > generic so other developers might find it useful for there own
                > > projects.
                > > >
                > > > Take a look at
                > > > http://cakeyui.prompttechnology.com/
                > > >
                > > > you can download the code at
                > > > http://code.google.com/p/cakeyui/
                > > >
                > > > Cheers,
                > > >
                > > > BiraRai
                > > >
                > > Hi BiraRai, Example looks good. However, I think you are duplicating
                > > 3 script files (yahoo,element,container) which maybe why its running
                > > a little slow. The yuiloader example will list rollups, dependants,
                > > and proper loading order if that helps.
                > > src="<YUI base build>/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js">
                > > src="<YUI base build>/element/element-beta.js">
                > > src="<YUI base build>/element/element-beta-min.js">
                > > src="<YUI base build>/layout/layout-beta-min.js">
                > > src="<YUI base build>/utilities/utilities.js">
                > > src="<YUI base build>/tabview/tabview.js">
                > > src="<YUI base build>/container/container_core.js">
                > > src="<YUI base build>/container/container.js">
                > > src="<YUI base build>/menu/menu.js">
                > > src="<YUI base build>/button/button-min.js">
                > > src="<YUI base build>/cookie/cookie-beta-min.js">
                > > src="<YUI base build>/yahoo/yahoo-min.js" >
                > > src="<YUI base build>/calendar/calendar-min.js">

                thanks for the info guys, i've updated based on your suggestions.

                Cheers,

                BiraRai
              • Paolo Nesti Poggi
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 3, 2008
                  Hi BiraRai

                  I've set up a page with your cakeYUI and the SliderWindow to show how well it works together with it.
                  http://www.eaktion.com/cakeyui/app/views/

                  The SliderWindow is  a ready-made messaging window: just include it and one more of the needed tasks of the webapplication developer is solved.
                  It seems to me it is well in line with your framework's underlining idea.

                  Cheers, Paolo

                  YAHOO.namespace.sliderwindow

                  You can see it at:

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 3, 2008
                    I will be incorporating your window slider into the 1.1 version of
                    cakeYUI.

                    Cheers,

                    BiraRai
                  • Paolo Nesti Poggi
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 4, 2008
                      Great!
                      Please, from time to time do follow what we are doing at the window,
                      the next release will have user drag-resizing. You can expect something in a month or so.

                      Further we are working on extending it as a corporate/workgroup jabber client.
                      (hush, this is still a secret ;)

                      /Paolo

                      http://www.eaktion.com/sliderwindow/

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 4, 2008
                        you might want to increase the delay on the 'publish' action in the
                        sendMessage function

                        BiraRai