loop image scrolling

  • takuan75
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2008
      Hello,

      I build an horizontal scrolling for images with YAHOO.util.Scroll. It
      works find but i want the animation loop and scroll img #1, img#2,
      img#3, img#1, img#2, etc.

      Any idea ?

      Thanks
    • Frank Dietrich
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2008
        Takuan,

        >I build an horizontal
        scrolling for images with YAHOO.util.Scroll. It
        >works find but i want the
        animation loop and scroll img #1, img#2,
        >img#3, img#1, img#2,
        etc.

        >Any idea ?

        Yes, You'll need three  <div>s for the current, previous and next image (page#1, page#2, page#3)
        Around these, You have another div (pages). That is the one You actually animate.
        Finally You'll need a "window", that Your visitors look through; a div with overflow:hidden

        now You can animate "pages" and in the onComplete() event prepare for the next animation; i.e. either
        move one of the outer divs to the other side or add a new one.

        It's like in a theater where the effect of a marching regiment is created by the actors running back to the
        start point behind the stage.

        I have used this in a calendar like application.

        I clear the divs that go out of sight in order to save memory but that probably would not be necessary.

        In your case You would probably have an array of ImageLinks holding the current index and making it restart
        from either end when falling over the outer egdes.

        You can see it here:

        login with 1000 and no password and go to the tab "Gleitbogen".
        Due to the heavy tables, the effect became poor but with less content it runs very smooth

        You also might like to have a look at this lightbox. I don't know if it supports infinite looping
        but it looks nice:

        Hope that helps

        Frank

        www.dd-tech.de    -    www.personalplanung.com     -    www.kulturbox.de
      • Frank Dietrich
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2008

          You can see it here:

          login with 1000 and no password and go to the tab "Gleitbogen".
          Due to the heavy tables, the effect became poor but with less content it runs very smooth

          sorry. the link is