Extra button in a dialog

  • Christian Tiberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2008
      Hello!

      I have an extra button in my customer form, to copy postal address to shipping address. This all worked well until I made that button a YUI button, using the following:

          new YAHOO.widget.Button(document.endrakundform.kopieralev).on("click", function(e) {
              kopieraLevAdr(document.endrakundform);
              YAHOO.util.Event.stopEvent(e);
          });

      As you can see, I've tried stopEvent, but that doesn't seem to work. I've got alert() statements in the kopieraLevAdr method, but these are executed *after* the form is submitted, so the stopEvent doesn't get called until after that either.

      Is there any way to fix this? Other than to revert to a standard button, which actually worked? For the standard button I had the onclick="xxx" in the HTML itself, maybe that's the difference?

      Best regards,
      Christian Tiberg
    • Christian Tiberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 27, 2008
        Replacing the stupid thing with a <button> instead of <input type="submit"> works. Had to read the button.js file, though - not easy to find.

        Best regards,
        Christian Tiberg

        2008/8/27 Christian Tiberg <ctiberg@...>
[...]

      • Todd Kloots
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2008
          Hi Christian -

          I'm the author of the Button widget and was wondering if you could
          provide me with more information about what specific interaction you
          were going for originally before you solved the problem using the
          <button> element. Where you originally working with <input
          type="submit"> instead of <button> because you wanted the form to work
          with and without javascript? The more info you can provide the better.
          If there is a bug or problem with the Button widget I'd like to know so
          that I can address it in a future release of YUI.

          Thanks,
          Todd