Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Uploader problems in IE

  • Christian Tiberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2008
      Hello!

      I downloaded ieHTTPHeadersSetup.exe, and that showed up as a plugin, but showed nothing in its display. Is this the plugin you mentioned, or could you please provide a URL?

      The problem is solved now. I had been using the URL "../taemotproduktbild.php", which worked in Firefox, but it didn't work in Internet Explorer. The correct URL is the same, but without the ../ in front. Why did Firefox accept the wrong URL all this time, that's strange.... Maybe because it thought like I did, that I need to go one up from my js folder, when in fact the request url is to the parent directory?

      Best regards,
      Christian Tiberg

      2008/8/22 dsmith21401 <dc_webmastr@...>

      IE 6 or 7? It could be your doctype in IE. Ajax is very finicky about
      that stuff. Try this doctype if you are not already:

      <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
      Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

      Also, get the HTTP Headers plugin for IE so you can observe the calls
      being made.

      What doyou mean exactly "with event['bytesLoaded'] set to 0". Are you
      setting it to 0? I use Uploader in IE7 with no problem, and nowhere do
      I "set" bytesLoaded to zero.