Re: [ydn-javascript] please what can I do ..to modify dataTable loading form..??

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2008
      There are several techniques you can use.

      First of all, as it always is, you may redesign a bit of your
      application, to prioritize displaying data in more compact ways and go
      into details only if requested. If that is not possible, then:

      If the table is too wide, you can initially set up some of the columns
      to be hidden and show them upon request. The data for some of the
      columns, if related, might be shown upon request, on a pop-up panel,
      this would also reduce initial transmission time. Also, a scrollable
      DataTable might improve the page layout, if that is an issue. Instead
      of having the whole web page scroll (the DataTable and all there is in
      the page), the scrollable datatable will allow the rest of the page to
      remain in view, moving just the DataTable itself.

      If the table is too long you might use client or server side
      pagination. The later will save also on transmission time. If paging
      is not possible and the data is several hundred of rows long, setting
      renderLoopSize to about 100 will improve the user perception of speed.
      The whole of it will take more to load, but the user will start seeing
      the effect sooner.

      The Autocomplete control used along the DataTable (there is an example
      in the DataTable docs) allows you to select a subset of all that might
      be shown.

      To show a "Loading ..." pop up, you can show it just before creating the
      table instance and hide it in response to initEvent.

      Satyam