asp.nert event fired twice - YAHOO.util.DragDropMgr

  • a_bentov
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2008

      I am trying to implement yui drag & drop
      (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/dragdrop/) to provide re-order
      functionality for a list.

      I have implemented the client script in an .aspx (asp.net) page.

      All works fine except for a small issue:

      1. In internet explorer 6 the js events produced by the .net generator
      are fired twice
      2. If I remove the drag and drop script they are fired once as needed
      3. If you click on the "test" link or any of the list items, you'll
      hear the click sound twice. IE palys a "click sound" each time a url
      is changed or a js function is called
      4. Those events may be fired twice in other browsers as well - it's
      just harder for me to findout (because of the ie click sound)

      ==================
      My question is:
      Is there any way to prevent the double event from happening?
      ==================

      you can download the code from below (the html is the code generated
      by the .aspx page):

      http://www.adcorelive.com/admin/test/testBulletList.html
      (you should open it on your machine, since the links don't work on the
      online server)

      thanks in advance,
      Albert

      p.s.
      I've tried the v3
      (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/3/examples/dd/list-drag.html) the
      problem doesn't exist there but the performance there is not as good
      as the 2.5.2 version