drag and drop list to any position in a list

  • illscientific
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2008
      How can you make the drag and drop list allow you to place a list
      element at any position in the container? Forgive me for not using
      the correct terminology. If you look at the example here:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/dragdrop/dd-reorder.html

      You can reorder elements perfectly but you can't put an element at the
      bottom and another a few positions above.

      I want to be able to say there are 50 positions or some number of
      positions in the container that the elements can be placed at and then
      move them to those positions. Imagine a dvd case or something. You
      might want to put the dvd at the very top and then skip a few and put
      some 3 down and then one at the bottom.

      Are there any examples that work like that?

      Thanks,

      Jonathan
    • illscientific
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 23, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "illscientific"
        <jonathan.sabo@...> wrote:

        > How can you make the drag and drop list allow you to place a list
        > element at any position in the container? Forgive me for not using
        > the correct terminology. If you look at the example here:
        >
        > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/dragdrop/dd-reorder.html
        >
        > You can reorder elements perfectly but you can't put an element at the
        > bottom and another a few positions above.
        >
        > I want to be able to say there are 50 positions or some number of
        > positions in the container that the elements can be placed at and then
        > move them to those positions. Imagine a dvd case or something. You
        > might want to put the dvd at the very top and then skip a few and put
        > some 3 down and then one at the bottom.
        >
        > Are there any examples that work like that?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Jonathan

        I guess what I want is a drag and drop table and not a list?
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 24, 2008
          See:

          http://www.satyam.com.ar/yui/2.5.0/invoice.html

          Satyam