How to make PNGs fade in and out at designated coordinates?

  • hooked2trance
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2008
      Hi all,

      I am trying to make one PNG file that looks like a star fade in and out
      of my webpage.

      The thing is, I need several of them to fade in and out at the same
      time, and at different places as well. This is so that I can achieve a
      glittering effect for one of my webpage graphics. Something like what
      you see in this webpage: http://www.ionorchard.com . (you gotta wait
      about 10 seconds to see the glittering stars)

      Tried to use GIF format, but it only supports 256 colours and the
      intended effect is lost. I don't know flash editting as well, so that
      makes it harder.

      Is there anyway to use javascript to programme the 5 of the same png
      file to fade in and out at desired coordinates of the webpage?

      Exasperated,
      hooked2trance