DataTable: Satyam's dt_serverdriven.html

  • gpaslanis
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2008
      Hi all,

      Great DataTable examples @http://satyam.com.ar/yui/2.5.0, especially
      like the dynamic schemas in dt_serverdriven.html. Learning via code
      pillaging, I found the sortby mechanism performs double rendering as
      compared to pagination. As described in the blog, changing sort
      selection requires flushing the recordset. This renders "No records
      found", then a second render is performed with the newly received
      server data. However, changes to Pagination only renders once. Is
      there a way to bypass rendering of the recordset flush operation and
      wait till all new records are inserted?
      Thanks again for all these great example sites!
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 25, 2008
        I should take that example off-line. If you check the 2.6 preview, all
        this section has changed so the example is not longer worth the trouble,
        after all, if you wait just a short while, it will all be different. If
        anything is left worth in it is the idea of reading the meta information
        in one of the DataSource overrides and do the calls to insertColumn to
        built the column defs dynamically, otherwise, the whole part on how to
        handle sorting and pagination is not worth fixing, the best is to hold
        on to 2.6.

        Satyam