Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Passing an object with custom events

  • Steve Webster
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2006
      Hi Jesse,

      > OK, found a way that works, but it doesn't seem right.
      >
      > The example uses
      >
      > function(type, args, me) {}
      >
      > for the event handler. To make mine work, I have to use
      >
      > function (e, junk, args) {}
      >
      > I'm not sure what value is being put into "junk", but the object I
      > sent is definitely coming through in the third argument.

      The second parameter contains an array of all arguments that are
      passed to the fire() method of your custom event.

      As an example, the following code would result in the second parameter
      being an array with two elements containing the strings "hello" and
      "world".

      this.widget.onClose.fire("hello", "world");

      I agree that the documentation might have made this a little clearer.

      Hope this helps.

      Cheers,

      Steve

      --