Re: [ydn-javascript] tab-view color control

  • Frank Dietrich
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2008
      >I'm wondering if there is an easy way to control the color of the tabview
      >library in YUI. I've got
      >the basic example working fine in my site, but the blue just doesn't cut
      >it.

      Yes, I even found skinning the tabView quite easy compared to the Datatable.
      There is an example on skinning (changing the look of) the tabView.

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/tabview/skinning.html

      I don't understand why the example does not actually *do* some skinning, but
      reading through it, You'll get the drift.

      the good thing is that there are two css files for the TabView (core and skin)
      if You host all files on Your server, all You have to do is to change the styles You like.

      if not, You can create a copy and start from there. loading the modified copy after the
      the YUI CSS should overwrite the styles or You could just become more specific (#controlID)

      if You look at

      http://vlane.com/

      You don't even realize it's tabs they use

      HTH

      Frank

      www.dd-tech.de - www.personalplanung.com - www.kulturbox.de