Data Table/Grid

  • djfep
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2006
      Has anyone used YUI to make a table/grid with stationary column
      headers and optionally stationary left columns (like the "freeze pane"
      feature on Excel)? I have a system with live data editing where each
      cell is saved as you edit it but I would like the column and row
      labels to be stationary when you scroll rows and columns.
    • Nige White
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2006
        This creates a scrollable table from ordinary <table> markup:

        https://secure0.forward-comp.co.uk/yui/examples/animation/table_datagrid.html

        It constrains the table's body within passed dimensions, and allows
        scrolling within that area keeping headers lined up at the top.

        Columns are draggable and resizable and sortable.

        There is the possibility of adding rows as you scroll - you can see that
        the example never runs out of data. You can hook in your own ajax-style
        row provider there.

        As with the DDTreeView, YMMV, feel free to enhance and post up your
        enhancements.

        Nige

        djfep wrote:

        > Has anyone used YUI to make a table/grid with stationary column
        > headers and optionally stationary left columns (like the "freeze pane"
        > feature on Excel)? I have a system with live data editing where each
        > cell is saved as you edit it but I would like the column and row
        > labels to be stationary when you scroll rows and columns.

        > This message has been checked for all known viruses. Virus scanning
        > powered by Messagelabs http://www.messagelabs.com For more information
        > e-mail : hostmaster@...

        e-mail : hostmaster@...
      • Deepak Thapliyal
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 18, 2007
          Hi Nige,

          Do you ( or anyone) have any updates on this solution.

          Also since this is an old message the URL you mentioned
          (https://secure0.forward-comp.co.uk/yui/examples/animation/table_datagri\
          d.html) , does not exist.

          Please let me know if it's available anywhere.

          Thanks and regards
          Deepak