YUI compressor - working on Sun machine, not on OS X. weird.

  • Matt Kime
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18 2:50 PM
      I have a project that i developed on a sun machine that uses the YUI
      compressor and i'm moving it over to my mac. Unfortunately the YUI
      compressor is giving me some trouble on the Mac. I've narrowed down
      the file to mootools.js - http://www.mootools.net/download .

      If I download mootools.js and compress it myself, everything works
      fine on the sun machine. on the mac, the compressor exits cleanly but
      the resulting compressed file doesn't work in FireFox 3. (i haven't
      tried other browsers.) it gives the error "unterminated string literal".

      I'm running 10.5.4 - not sure about the os version of the sun box.

      has anyone seen anything like this?

      thanks,
      matt