RE: [ydn-javascript] Reset Calendars

  • Donnie La Curan
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
      OK thanks.

      I've got it set now where I use the following.

       YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.pages[0].reset();
       YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.pages[1].reset();
       YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.pages[0].minDate = new Date();
       YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.pages[1].minDate = new Date();
       YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.pages[0].maxDate = null;
       YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.pages[1].maxDate = null;
       YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.render();
       YAHOO.example.calendar.cal2.pages[0].reset();
       YAHOO.example.calendar.cal2.pages[1].reset();
       YAHOO.example.calendar.cal2.pages[0].minDate = YAHOO.widget.DateMath.add(new Date(), YAHOO.widget.DateMath.DAY, 1);
       YAHOO.example.calendar.cal2.pages[1].minDate = YAHOO.widget.DateMath.add(new Date(), YAHOO.widget.DateMath.DAY, 1);
       YAHOO.example.calendar.cal2.render();

      This is because I have  2up calendar ... is this correct or am I doubling up on stuff?  When I hit the reset button the page hangs for a second or so then it clears everything out.

      ----
      Donnie La Curan (Slapyo)
      don_lacuran@...
      http://www.veteransresources.org

      To: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
      From: peterson@...
      Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 17:21:56 -0700
      Subject: RE: [ydn-javascript] Reset Calendars

      If you use reset(), the min and max dates will remain, because they are not related to the selections. If you want to clear min and maxDate, you can set them to null.

      Steven Peterson

      Web Developer, Platform Engineering

      Yahoo!

      From: peterson@yahoo- inc.com
      Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 17:08:47 -0700

      Have you tried calendar.reset( )? That sets the state to what it was initially. calendar.clear( ) will completely clear the calendar.

      From: don_lacuran@ hotmail.com
      Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 16:35:33 -0700
      Subject: [ydn-javascript] Reset Calendars

      When somebody clicks the reset button I would like the calendars to reset back to how they were when I first rendered them.  I cleared the min and max dates that are set when the calendars have a date selected.  My problem is that I can't remove the date selection.  For instance, I open a calendar and select 8/15/2006.  Then I click the reset button.  I open the calendar back up and the date 8/15/2006 is still selected.  What's the code to remove this?  I'd like everything to go back to how it was in the very beginning ... clearing this selected date is my last step.

      Thanks.

      ----
      Donnie La Curan (Slapyo)
      don_lacuran@ hotmail.com
      http://www.veterans resources. org

      Express yourself instantly with Windows Live Messenger! Windows Live Messenger!

      Express yourself instantly with Windows Live Messenger! Windows Live Messenger!

      Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Mail.

      With MSN Spaces email straight to your blog. Upload jokes, photos and more. It's free! It's free!
    • Steven Peterson
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006

        The only thing that you need to double up on is the setting of minDate and maxDate. You can call .reset() directly against your calendar, just like you call render().