RE: [ydn-javascript] Reset Calendars

  • Donnie La Curan
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
      After sending the email to the group I found it in the documentation.

      cal1.deselect();
      cal1.deselectAll();

      What is the difference between deselect() and deselectAll()?  Would deselectAll() be for calendars that have multiple date selections?

      ----
      Donnie La Curan (Slapyo)
      don_lacuran@...
      http://www.veteransresources.org

      To: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
      From: don_lacuran@...
      Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 16:35:33 -0700
      Subject: [ydn-javascript] Reset Calendars

      When somebody clicks the reset button I would like the calendars to reset back to how they were when I first rendered them.  I cleared the min and max dates that are set when the calendars have a date selected.  My problem is that I can't remove the date selection.  For instance, I open a calendar and select 8/15/2006.  Then I click the reset button.  I open the calendar back up and the date 8/15/2006 is still selected.  What's the code to remove this?  I'd like everything to go back to how it was in the very beginning ... clearing this selected date is my last step.

      Thanks.

      ----
      Donnie La Curan (Slapyo)
      don_lacuran@ hotmail.com
      http://www.veterans resources. org

      Express yourself instantly with Windows Live Messenger! Windows Live Messenger!

        From: don_lacuran@...
        Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 16:35:33 -0700

        When somebody clicks the reset button I would like the calendars to reset back to how they were when I first rendered them.  I cleared the min and max dates that are set when the calendars have a date selected.  My problem is that I can't remove the date selection.  For instance, I open a calendar and select 8/15/2006.  Then I click the reset button.  I open the calendar back up and the date 8/15/2006 is still selected.  What's the code to remove this?  I'd like everything to go back to how it was in the very beginning ... clearing this selected date is my last step.

        Thanks.

        ----
        Donnie La Curan (Slapyo)
        don_lacuran@ hotmail.com
        http://www.veterans resources. org

        Express yourself instantly with Windows Live Messenger! Windows Live Messenger!

        With MSN Spaces email straight to your blog. Upload jokes, photos and more. It's free! It's free!
      • Steven Peterson
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006

          Have you tried calendar.reset()? That sets the state to what it was initially. calendar.clear() will completely clear the calendar.

          Steven Peterson

          Web Developer, Platform Engineering

          Yahoo!

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
            So if I use caledar.reset() I won't have to set my min and max dates back to the original ones or will I still need to do that?

            ----

            To: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com

            From: don_lacuran@ hotmail.com
            Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 16:35:33 -0700

[...]

            Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Mail.
          • Steven Peterson
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006

              If you use reset(), the min and max dates will remain, because they are not related to the selections. If you want to clear min and maxDate, you can set them to null.

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
                OK thanks.

                I've got it set now where I use the following.

                 YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.pages[0].reset();
                 YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.pages[1].reset();
                 YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.pages[0].minDate = new Date();
                 YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.pages[1].minDate = new Date();
                 YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.pages[0].maxDate = null;
                 YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.pages[1].maxDate = null;
                 YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.render();
                 YAHOO.example.calendar.cal2.pages[0].reset();
                 YAHOO.example.calendar.cal2.pages[1].reset();
                 YAHOO.example.calendar.cal2.pages[0].minDate = YAHOO.widget.DateMath.add(new Date(), YAHOO.widget.DateMath.DAY, 1);
                 YAHOO.example.calendar.cal2.pages[1].minDate = YAHOO.widget.DateMath.add(new Date(), YAHOO.widget.DateMath.DAY, 1);
                 YAHOO.example.calendar.cal2.render();

                This is because I have  2up calendar ... is this correct or am I doubling up on stuff?  When I hit the reset button the page hangs for a second or so then it clears everything out.

                ----

                To: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006

                  The only thing that you need to double up on is the setting of minDate and maxDate. You can call .reset() directly against your calendar, just like you call render().