Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Enter Key with Auto Complete

  • Jim Baumann
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
      Jenny,

      If I add the form.submit() before
      oAutoComp.itemSelectEvent.subscribe(myHandler);
      then it submits with out filling in the secondary field if I put it after
      it goes into a loop. Any Idea of what I can do here.

      Thanks

      oACDS = new YAHOO.widget.DS_XHR("requests.php", ["ResultSet.Result",
      "firstName", "lastName"]);
      oACDS.queryMatchContains = true;
      oACDS.scriptQueryAppend = "output=json&do=actionname"; // Needed for YWS

      // Instantiate auto complete
      oAutoComp = new YAHOO.widget.AutoComplete("FormFieldName","DivName",
      oACDS' . $widget . ');
      oAutoComp.maxResultsDisplayed = 200; // Display up to 20 results in the
      container
      oAutoComp.forceSelection = true; // Enable force selection
      oAutoComp.queryDelay = 0; // Every key
      input event will trigger an immediate query...

      // Format results since we are returning more then the first element in
      the array
      oAutoComp.formatResult = function(oResultItem, sQuery) {
      // This was defined by the schema array of the data source
      var sFirstName = oResultItem[0];
      var sMarkup = sFirstName;
      return (sMarkup);

      var myHandler = function(type, args, me) {
      var oAutoComp = args[0]; // the autocomplete instance
      var elListItem = args[1]; // the result list item element
      var keyData = args[2][0]; // result data [0]
      var moredata = args[2][2]; // result data [1]

      document.getElementById("DivName").value = moredata; // Set data into
      employeeID form field
      }

      --
      Jim Baumann
      PoorMansWeb
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
        Hi Jim,

        Sorry, I don't quite follow. Is this causing an infinite loop for you?
        I don't see where you are calling submit() on the form. If you
        continue to have this problem, can you paste the entire HTML into a
        message (or even better, send us a link), and be sure to mention what
        browser and OS you're on.

        Thanks!
        jenny